Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Prepare cash fore-casts that optimize cash utilization.
- Monitor day-to-day operations while developing a long-term financial strategy.
- Oversee, monitor and manage the financial planning of the business. In-charge of the organization’s finances, including managing financial risk.
- Manage the company cash flow projections by advising management on the available cash, projected cash flows and advise on the possible options for gapping up on any deficit.
- Assume responsibility for cash management procedures especially performing reconciliations of cash & near cash items.
- Maintain relations with financial institutions
- Secure favorable exchange & deposit rates.
- Support the budgeting function with input on anticipated liquid asset levels Submit reports of present financial situation and forecasting
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Finance/Economics or equivalent from a reputable University/Institution.
- Full/part qualification in ACCA/CPA would be an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting or finance function and financial planning
- Analytical skills able to comprehend the company’s operations from a liquidity perspective & manage these needs within a dynamic financial market.
- Basic understanding of bank processes and the regulatory environment relevant to the financial operations of the company.
- Superior spreadsheets and communication skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time.
- Excellent analytical skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders