Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The responsibilities are:
• Qualitative and quantitative research on the training needs of Delivery Associate team
• Develop and improve content material for driver training
• Design and conduct training
• Conduct role plays and focused group discussions with Delivery Associates
• To prepare and evaluate the progress of Delivery Associates at an individual level
• Control and monitor driver-customer communication in line with customer Journey to ensure good customer experience.
• Implement the Delivery portion of “customer journey” in tandem with Jumia E-commerce - CXO
• Contribute to process and planning with a focus on Delivery Associate needs and customer experience
• Monitor competitor’s delivery offerings and ensure Jumia delivery options are competitive and compelling.
• Regular and consistent feedback activities / mechanisms to ascertain the service levels of Delivery Associate agencies and encourage improvements.
• Develop drivers to support the delivery team and improve productivity on gate-to-gate basis.
• Participate to build robust and scalable hiring methodology for Delivery Associates
• Managing and sustaining engagement on the Delivery Associate community and foster it to sustain at scale
• Tracking of any incentive programs to create excitement
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible to work with people from different backgrounds
- Fluent Arabic, English & French
- High analytical skills
- Duration : 6 months
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders