Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech With Purpose! At Jumia, we are always looking for new talent!
What you will be doing
You will have the chance to integrate our central In-House Engineering team that is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining our Network/VoIP Infrastructure and Services across Africa on a daily basis.
- Centrally responsible for VoIP and E1 line deployments and provisioning
- Able to perform network/infrastructure audits and rollout/adapt according to defined/standardized solutions
- Provide advanced technical support for XCally and other telephony applications
- Provide first and second-level support for XCally and voice users when required
- Ensure change control and other processes & procedures related to XCally and voice are followed, and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified
- Assist in performing voice/XCally project risk assessments, scoping and scheduling
- Activities will include configuration, performance and security
What we are looking for
- Computer Science (BSc CS), Network and System Administration (B. Eng.) or equivalent work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate certification (CCNA)
- Expert with asterisk, telephony, VoIP management and deployment
- Knowledge on Linux operating systems (Debian, Centos)
- Knowledge of Networking (CCNA)
- Disaster recovery planning
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, Bash, PHP)
- Knowledge of automation tools and scripts in the area of infrastructure (Ansible)
- Document all infrastructure (Networking/Servers) environments
- Ensure all voice infrastructure has effective resource and capacity monitoring and that infrastructure capacity plans are established and maintained
- Participate in the appropriate out-of-hours third line support to provide the required business continuity and incident management
- Perform diagnostic procedures to identify and rectify any reported telephony problem
- Simulate all application projects in controlled environment before rolling out in the production system
- Experience with monitoring tools (Zabbix, Icinga)
- Fluent in English (mandatory)
- Good interpersonal skills and taste for teamwork
- Good analytical thinking, organization and planning
- Proactive and self-motivated with focus on results and deadlines (ability to work under pressure)
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders