Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech With Purpose! At Jumia, we are always looking for new talent!
Check out below!
At Jumia we are data-driven always looking into the future. Our data teams are building the next generation of data science and analytics solutions, using state of the art technologies and platforms on Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
We are currently hiring a Machine Learning Engineer to help us with the guidance and automation of machine learning models. As a part of our Data Science Center of Excellence tech team you will work closely with engineers and data scientists steering the entire company’s Big Data, Data Science and Machine Learning projects.
What you will be doing
- Automation of machine learning models in Big Data cluster
- Support of data science projects
- Design standards, and best practices for the development and deployment of Data Science projects
- Automation of integration and deployment (CI/CD) workflows
- Scale data science efforts
- Implementation of automation testing of machine learning artifacts, such as data validation, model testing, model integration testing
- Automation of machine learning lifecycle
- Promote an agile environment to implement and deliver data science projects.
What we are looking for
- Experience in Python (Scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy, XGBoost and matplotlib) or R (similar libraries)
- Exposure to deep learning approaches and modeling frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.)
- Machine learning end-to-end lifecycle
- Knowledge of applied statistics & machine learning techniques
- Demonstrable skills and experience using SQL with large data sets
- Experience with the BigData landscape to serve the different layers of a BigData pipeline
- Knowledge of Apache HDFS, Hive
- Experience of Spark and MapReduce
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Good communication skills.
- Proven experience implementing CI/CD on large operational AI pipelines
- Experience with Data Science processes and technologies, including the Dataiku platform
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience in working in a SCRUM/ AGILE environment
- Experience working with cloud computing
- Understanding of one or more object-oriented programming languages (C#, Java, etc.)
- Knowledge of data integration processes
- Knowledge of Kafka data streaming (publishing and consuming coding).
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders