Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech With Purpose!
What you will be doing
- Identify opportunities to improve security and implement the tools necessary to execute improvements considering full automation
- Proactively identify and remediate security risks introduced by the cloud platforms, or as flagged by vulnerability scanning software
- Implement solutions necessary to address security audits and compliance efforts on our cloud platform
- Knowledge of SOX, PCI DSS, and GDPR is highly desirable
- Ability to dive deep into software configurations and logs to recommend security-based improvements
- Work closely with development teams to ensure we are considering security when architecting and building new features/applications
- Ensure that solutions are engineered with operational efficiency and security by design.
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve security by design mentality on current CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call for security incident response
- Provide Executive level non-technical analysis to effectively illustrate the potential impact of weaknesses identified to various audiences
- The creation of secure system lifecycle standards and secure coding standards based on the threat landscape and industry best practices
What we are looking for
- Proven expertise on security
- 3 years of Cloud Operations / Infrastructure Engineering experience
- Strong hands-on experience on public cloud platforms on at least one (Google, AWS or Azure)
- Strong system administrator experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with auditing and logging tools such as AWS CloudTrail or ELK
- Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Zabbix and Graphite/Grafana
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or relevant professional expertise
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate tasks
- Understands the concepts of public cloud Infrastructure
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience with automated configuration management and deployment using tools such as Ansible and Python
- Experience with vulnerability scanning software such as Tenable, Qualys, AWS Inspector, and any code scanning or audit is highly desirable
- Experience with DevSecOps (Automation of security controls in the CD/CI environments) with Git and Jenkins
- Experience with managed Kubernetes in the cloud
- Experience working in a hybrid environment is preferred
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders