Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing:
Our ideal candidate is a finance system specialist, who has an expertise in systems, as well as a good understanding of finance tasks, to:
- Participate in the administration of our financial systems;
- Support and train our users across all departments and locations to help them solve issues they encounter and make the most of the system features and automations;
- Develop and deploy new features and applications to support Finance teams in their day-to-day tasks, with more automations and easier flows, improve data quality and financial reporting, and ensure a good level of controls;
- Integrate with other applications to automate accounting tasks and reporting
What we are looking for:
- Good command of ERP - a prior experience with MS Dynamics Nav is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Detail-oriented mindset;
- Passion for making things happen and excited about identifying and delivering simple solutions to complex problems;
- Fluent in English both verbal and written.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders