Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing:
- Process definition – you will help structuring and clarifying processes by understanding operational and business needs and translate them into operational processes, system developments and accounting
- System developments – you will liaise with systems’ owners to translate business needs and help specifying new developments and features in order to grant teams the access to the right tools
- Implementation and training – you will help leading the design, implementation and training of processes aiming at aligning all countries on best practices and optimizing existing processes with an operational and financial understanding
- Financial analysis & insights – you will help developing our insights on the company’s effectiveness and bring a holistic perspective to the data and insights we have today
As a finance processes and systems expert, you will also gain exposure on several ad-hoc projects, depending on your level of seniority:
- Junior Profile:
- Assisting CFOs with projects that may require practical skills and know-how in finance, operations, and systems;
- Coordinating reporting needs locally and centrally.
- Senior Profile:
- Assisting top management with projects that may require practical skills and know-how in finance, operations, and systems;
- Providing insights and analysis to advise strategic decisions and supervising key action items to increase accountability;
- High-impact strategic projects, working across Finance teams to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and develop practical recommendations.
What we are looking for:
- A junior profile with 0-2 years of relevant experience
- A senior profile with 3-5+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a fast-paced tech company or consulting-like environment
- Passionate about making things happen and getting excited about identifying and delivering simple solutions to complex problems at pace
- You think, act and communicate clearly and confidently with your team members and stakeholders
- You “work out loud”, making your work-in-progress visible and receptive to constant feedback
- You are able to collaborate globally and work cross-functionally with other teams
- You have a strong drive and ability to manage multiple stakeholders across different geographies
- You have a hands-on attitude, because e-commerce is 50% operations and processes
- Fluent in English/ French is a plus.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders