Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
At Jumia, we are always looking for new talent! Not only Quality Assurance Analyst but also Quality Assurance Engineer: If QA is in your DNA, then this is the place to be.
Check out below!
What you will be doing:
- Contribution to Test Plans:
- Implement tests from design stage to the execution (eg: Functional, Performance, Load and Stress) and evaluate the results and document the deviations from expected results
- Analyze, review and assess user requirements, specifications and testability models
- Create Test Case specifications (enrich test cases provided) based on ticket descriptions, acceptance criteria and business/tech KPIs
- Prepare and acquire test data
- Prepare test environments (at application/data level), configure and execute test tool and Continuous Integration tools (ex: Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter, Jenkins, Hiptest) troubleshooting issues detected through automation and manual testing while evaluating the results and document the deviations from expected results
- Use test frameworks (for Mobile apps, Mobile theme and Desktop)
- Automate tools and procedures (for QA layers) such Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Organize responsibilities and tasks to ensure the successful completion of work or projects, identifying potential obstacles and finding ways to address them sharing actively experience, knowledge and solutions with team
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity having due regard to equality issues in all decision-making
- Working with product owners, developers and team leader to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan test coverage for upcoming features
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge in Gherkin syntax
- Familiar with Quality Processes and Agile Methodologies using industry standards of software QA tools, as HipTest
- Experience in Web Software and Mobile Applications (native) on product assurance tasks/processes
- Knowledge about Software development life-cycle and test processes/flows
- Experienced with testing tools like: Cucumber; Static/Dynamic Analysis tools and JMeter
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins) and source control systems (GIT)
- Solution oriented and proactive attitude with constant sense of organisation and attention to detail
- Proficiency in English
- ISTQB Foundation (strongly preferred)
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders