Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech With Purpose! At Jumia, we are always looking for new talent!
The Security Operations Center Engineer (SOC Engineer) will work closely with the SecOps team and the SRE team to maintain, monitor, and respond to various notifications from monitoring systems to improve the security posture of Jumia ecosystems. The candidates in this position will find themselves exposed to and working with Cyber Threat Landscape, Security Controls improvement, and Incident Handling activities. The engineer will own leading-edge solution(s) that are intended to improve the security posture of the company. With his/her domain expertise, the engineer is expected to provide thought leadership and provide technical mentorship on how to respond to security incidents.
What you will be doing
- Own and operate the most important security solutions designed to protect the company from cyber threats and attacks
- Lead in deploying new solutions and technologies to improve the security posture of the company
- Continuous fine-tuning of our security solutions to reduce the occurrence of false positive and false negative alerts
- Act as Layer 3 escalation point in analyzing and responding to security incidents from various security technologies and platforms
- Perform platform health checks to ensure that our security solutions are operating effectively and efficiently
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce threat dwell time in our environment through automation, and process simplification, among others
- Conduct incident response, identify vulnerabilities, and consult on remediation steps
- Review and provide recommendations for improving the existing incident response procedures or propose the creation of new ones
- Implement solutions necessary to address security audits and compliance efforts on our platforms
- Develop the technical skills of the junior SOC analysts in the team to empower them to be more effective and efficient in their roles
What we are looking for
- Proven Security expertise
- 3+ years of experience within a Security Operations Environment or similar operating environment
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in information security technologies such as continuous security monitoring, anti-malware controls, intrusion detection/prevention, access control & CSIRT-focused systems
- Experience in event monitoring, correlation, event analysis, investigation, and remediation of security events
- Hands-on experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Strong system administrator experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Security industry certifications such as SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSEC, GSOC, and CSA, will be a considerable benefit
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant professional expertise
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Hands-on experience on public cloud platforms on at least one (Google, AWS, or Azure)
- Network Security, Endpoint Security, and Email Security knowledge
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. COBIT, SOX, PCI-DSS, NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
- Experience using automation to solve problems and reduce repetitive tasks
- Familiarity with scripting languages and libraries
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders