Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
What's this job all about?
You will oversee process standardization, build reporting metrics, systems enablement and improving the overall efficiency of the warehousing, vendor and logistical business for Jumia Services.
Project Management Office:
- Support the definition of E-commerce Business Cases (scope, goals, deliverables, costs, timescales, plans, dependencies, resource requirements and milestones)
- Ensure pre-scope project plan is communicated to all project stakeholders together with their individual responsibilities.
- Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilization is monitored
- Co-coordinating quality activities to meet quality objectives. Managing project risks, issues and change control, communicating the impact to the project
- Conducting or contributing to post implementation reviews and identifying any lessons learned.
- Feeding carry-forward items back into the program plan
- Provide expertise in understanding and using Jumia Services data models and systems, and act as resource in the interpretation and use of data generated and utilized by users of BI Tools.
- Create KPIs and implement simple systems for performance measurements and growth.
- Design granular dashboard using advance excel techniques which identify bottleneck areas of the operational processes.
- Use Order life analysis to monitor end-to-end warehouse/ logistics processes to improve operational efficiency.
- Provide system support and resolve issues for all tools used by various teams
- Provide inputs to central development team on new features required by the business
- Lead training and rollout of new systems or features for Jumia Services.
- Drive new process initiative and Institutionalize tech changes required for better alignment / visibility of packages / Items
- Ensuring the timely scan at all the legs and updating in systems for movement as transferable unit.
- Monitor the queues closely to identify anomalies thus improving performance.
- Oversee daily Reporting on Incidents/Change/Problem tickets and SLA status
- Update the incident categorization matrix based on evolving business complexity.
- Overall Point of Contact for End to End package/ item handling by Jumia Services
- Responsible for any mismatch of packages and all exception handling for packages in transit and at different hubs)
- Managing the loss compliance and write-off guidelines for packages stuck at different stages of packages/ item journey.
- Training all the in-house/ out-house teams for any new / existing processes for smooth operations
- Auditing SOPs vs on-ground processes and improving on deficiencies
- Develop and improve new and existing processes for resolving customer and vendor issues.
- Resolve all escalated issues end-to-end across Jumia Services
- Assign all non-compliance related issues to each defaulting department and ensure proper actions are taken.
- Manage all emergency related logistics issues which could lead to non-satisfaction of the customer. E.g., Theft, Accidents, Confiscation of packages & weather obstruction.
- Inform and liaise with In-house and 3rd Party teams to resolve discovered problems.
- Analyze and document all customer / seller complaints to prevent future occurrences of past problems
Required Skills & Qualifications :
- Minimum 8 years-total experience in sales, operations and/or vendor management, experience, preferably within distribution, transportation or customer contact operations is required
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional, global project/program execution.
- Process oriented, well-organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical ability (with excellent proficiency in MS Excel); ability to leverage analytical work into action-oriented reporting and plans of action.
- Strong attention to details
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders