Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing:
- Report to the cross-country Internal Control Senior Manager;
- Manage/coordinate punctually or in full members of the internal control team;
- Work with the Internal Control data scientist and BI analyst on data and automation projects;
- Cooperate with other departments’ stakeholders and engage them in order to successfully implement financial, legal, compliance and reputational control procedures and related mitigation actions on those same departments;
- Develop a thorough and continuous understanding of the business, risks and processes across entities, departments and systems;
- Coordinate at cross country level the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to internal controls;
- Be a key influencer of process control, compliance, risk detection and mitigation best practices across the company. The internal controllers and other central stakeholders should see you as one of the main points of contact for these matters;
- Collaborate with the first line of assurance (management team) in assessing the adequacy of actions taken by management to correct reported control deficiencies, and continuously review controls considered inadequate until satisfactory resolution;
- Conduct risk assessment across several departments;
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies and provides recommendations for improving the organization’s operations;
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed;
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development on best practices;
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved;
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures;
- Provides support to the company's anti-fraud programs;
- Work on cross country projects, namely on the definition and implementation of new control procedures.
What we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, Commerce or related fields;
- At least 4 years work experience in a finance, audit, control, consulting, risk or compliance role in a rapidly growing business;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suit, specially in Microsoft Excel;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, clear and assertive communication, being able to adapt it depending on the stakeholder profile;
- Experience in defining and documenting internal policies and procedures;
- Previous experience in an external/internal audit and/or IT role/company;
- SOX compliance experience;
- Fraud and abuse detection experience;
- Experience on reconciliation analysis;
- Excellent commercial, financial, legal and risk awareness;
- Experience in Power BI;
- Experience working on BI and/or Data Science roles or working with stakeholders from these areas.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders