Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Managing the talent pool of Jumia Services and building a strong leadership team in Delivery
- Actively design and steer CXP and VXP excellence projects along with Local and Central operations leaders
- Design and own end to end the Last mile unit costs strategy to meet both our requirements of CXP/VXP and unit economics targets
- Actively feed and contribute to the system roadmap design to deliver the required instruments for this logistics success
- Leading the scale-up and expansion of last mile footprint (3PL expansion, pick up station expansion, Delivery Associates hiring and expansion)
- Own and create the 3PL community management for Jumia
- Manage and improve fleet management practices, team and cost of operation Create a culture of best-in-class material handling in the Last mile
- Lead key transformations in the supply chain (or in partnership), allowing our last mile hubs to receive the product faster and more often without increasing costs of delivery
Profile and skills required :
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet, etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 3 years minimum experience, logistics operation
- Experience in strategy and complex network management
- Good Knowledge of the Logistical Operations in the local market is a plus.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders