Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
Your daily tasks will include:
* preparing and posting accounting entries, by compiling and analyzing data from operational
* summarizing and reconciling accounting with operational systems
* substantiating financial transactions
* liaising with operation teams and controllers to explain financial variances.
* reconciling bank statement transactions with the ERP entries.
* final bank reconciliations to meet SOX Control Standards.
* Accounting or Finance Bachelor Degree
* Minimum 1 Years of accounting experience
* English proficiency in written and spoken
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to collaborate globally and work cross-functionally with other teams
* Detail-oriented mindset
* Quantitative skills
* MS Office proficiency (especially in Excel and any relevant data analysis tool)
* Microsoft Dynamics NAV knowledge is a plus
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders