Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing:
- Develop a thorough and continuous understanding of the business, risks and processes across entities, departments and systems;
- Perform all the defined Internal Control routine activities with the expected high quality, respecting the deadlines and requiring minimal supervision;
- Work on other Internal Control projects in specific countries and engage local stakeholders to take required actions for process implementation, compliance or issue mitigation, where applicable;
- Lead in specific countries the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to internal controls;
- Be a key influencer of process control, compliance and risk detection and mitigation best practices across the company. The countries’ stakeholders should see you as the main point of contact for these matters;
- Collaborate with the first line of assurance (management team) in assessing the adequacy of actions taken by management to correct reported control deficiencies, and continuously review controls considered inadequate until satisfactory resolution;
- Conduct risk assessment of all departments;
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies and provides recommendations for improving the organization’s operations;
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed;
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures;
- Provides support to the company's anti-fraud programs;
- Work on cross country projects, namely on the definition and implementation of new control procedures.
What we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, Commerce, Law or related fields;
- At least 4 years work experience in a finance, audit, control, risk or compliance role in a rapidly growing business;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suit, specially in Microsoft Excel;
- Analytical and thorough in running investigations and delivering quality analysis & reports, nailing all the details that are relevant to understand the processes and the root cause of the issues being investigated;
- Experience in preparing reports and presentation to management;
- Leadership spirit and proactivity to take the ownership of several projects/topics, to define new processes and implement mitigation plans when needed, with minimal intervention from the manager, and to engage different kinds of stakeholders;
- Great ability getting comfortable using new IT systems, good understanding of how the different IT systems interact between each other within a company, how they impact the business operations and how they can help implementing process controls;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical skills and great ability to take conclusions based on big volumes of data;
- Detail oriented;
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- A 'can-do' attitude, ability to work independently and resilient character with the ability to manage expectations;
- Great ability to establish cooperative relationships with the stakeholders that are subject of your controls and great persuasion skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders