Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
About Jumia Cairo Tech Center
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Cairo Tech Center where tech meets purpose. At Cairo Tech Center you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders in both Portugal and Egypt. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
What you will be doing
- Contribute in the design and construction of the company data warehouse
- Collect, store, process, and support the analysis of huge sets of data, both structured and unstructured.
What we are looking for
- Understanding of one or more object-oriented programming languages (C#, Java, etc)
- Demonstrable skills and experience using SQL with large data sets (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc)
- Experience in building ETL processes (SSIS, Oracle Data Integrator; Code based)
- Experience in modeling databases for analytical consumption (Star Schema; Snowflake; Data Vault)
- Experience with data visualization tools (PowerBI, Qlikview, Tableau)
- Experience in OLAP tools (SSAS, IBM Cognos) with multidimensional and/or tabular models
- Experience with high throughput, 24x7 systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
The following skills will be valued:
- Familiar with the BigData landscape to serve the different layers of a BigData pipeline
- Experience creating and driving large scale ETL pipelines
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience in working in a SCRUM/ AGILE environment.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders