Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
The role caters for all engagements, activities, processes, and projects related to the wellbeing of Mall employees in country of base.
- Payroll administration and management
- Ensure that weekly meetings with all stakeholders happen as they should
- Monthly execution of townhalls comprising of rewards and recognition
- Attendance to weekly stand-up meetings
- A weekly deployment and reporting of the people barometer tool
- Execute a 24hrs turnaround time on issues reported through the barometer issue log, people committee and townhall questionnaire
- Monthly activities around health and wellness of employees through Health Management Organization partnerships
- Liaise with Global Head of People, Culture and HSE with regards to course development and alignment for country of operation
- Management of Jumia Certified Trainers
- Execution of all assigned trainings and reporting on same
- Deploy all available learning interventions provided by Jumia physically and online towards the development of employees
- Uploading and updating of employee records at onboarding and offboarding
- Ensuring all reporting lines are accurate
- Ensuring staff information is up to date and accurate
- Management of employee performance reviews and reporting on same with accurate uploads made into the enterprise system
- Liaise with heads of department to prepare human capacity plans for the new year and at every Tier event
- Job posting, shorting, selection and interviewing of applicants
- Headhunting to build talent pipeline for critical roles in JS every month or quarter or as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in human relations or related from an accredited university.
- MBA in human resources will be an added advantage
- 5 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Clear understanding of local labor laws with regards to employee hiring and exit management
- Basic/Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning system e.g. Jobvite, PeopleHR or Bamboo will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience in people strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible to work with people from different backgrounds
- Team player and flexible to rapidly changing work schedules
- Excellent team management and coaching skills
- High analytical skills.
- IT savvy
- Conflict management
- People management skills
- Execution of career fairs and recruitment days to build our employer brand
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders