Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Ownership of treasury policies and procedures.
- Preparation of annual / ad hoc reports for the Board re Treasury policy / issues.
- Implement the funding strategy set by the Board.
- Maintain and build relationships with debt providers at all levels including clearing banks,
- Manage the long and short-term liquidity of the Group, control and manage its debt position at reporting dates, including focused working capital management
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulation
- Maintain records of all bank and dealing mandates and update when necessary
- Administer all bank and payment related systems both on-line and offline
- Manage the cashiers function, setting objectives for the department in line with company values and vision and ensure the smooth running of the payments and reconciliation processes undertaken by the team
- Be responsible for continuous process improvements and efficiencies within the treasury function, participating in wider central finance team projects and activities
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Hold an accounting qualification and/or a treasury qualification.
- Proven experience in a corporate treasury environment.
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of risk.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders