Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Social Media Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing social media strategies through monthly action plans, and calendars in order to achieve marketing objectives and goals and analysis and reports as well.
- Develop, implement, and manage multiple social media platforms.
- Strategy implementation: Implement the social media strategy aligned with the organization's goals and objective
- Able to develop strategic content.
- Create monthly & bi-weekly social media reports and drive content based on performance
- Create monthly editorial calendars and schedules.
- Manage the influencers & align their content with the social media content
- Create, edit, proofread, and publish well-structured social media content using keyword searching tools and SEO guidelines to optimize content.
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Work & develop video content that suites the different channels
- Provide a visual brief for the graphics department to visualize ideas.
- Industry Trends and Research: Stay updated on media industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive innovation and keep the organization at the forefront of media strategies
- Remove, manage, and report any inappropriate problems.
- Track and analyze competitors’ platforms and marketing activities on a weekly basis.
- Review the assigned accounts on a daily basis.
- Coordinate and handle the assigned accounts through account managers.
- Analyze & prepare accounts reports.
- Develop clear action plans.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as commercial, CRM, paid marketing teams to ensure media efforts are aligned with broader organizational strategies.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business Administrations or related field.
2-3 professional years experience.
Handled social media accounts before is a must.
- Strong consulting and communication skills.
Social networking expertise.
Very good knowledge of web design and online marketing.
Very good in using Meta Business Suite
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders