Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing
- Managing day to day operations
- Challenging established processes and implementing new processes to adapt to the fast growth of Jumia's clients
- Finding creative and innovative ways to offer a better customer experience
- Fully understanding our information system and working with our IT team to roll our new developments
- Working closely with the Jumia central team to share and implement global best practices
- Managing relationships with clients and partners (Third party logistics partners, pickup stations, etc)
- Responsible of the logistics P&L
- Responsible to meet the global logistics targets and KPIs including quality of customer experience.
What we are looking for
- Proven experience in Warehousing and/ or Logistics
- Experience in Operational Management
- Team Management
- More than 5 years working experience in relevant industry. B2B or B2C experience preferred
- Drive for problem solving, excellent communication and leadership
- Excellent in oral and written English
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders