Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
This role is a unique opportunity to work together with the CEO on a daily basis, on a broad variety of business topics, with direct access to the top management.
What you will be doing
- Set up external meetings and large internal calls, organize the CEO's agenda
- Prepare content and organize internal communication from the CEO
- Organize internal events for the management
- Prepare ad-hoc presentations and meetings with external partners
- Directly manage / monitor specific business topics requiring cross-country and cross-functional coordination, report to the CEO
- Provide ad-hoc support to internal projects and business priorities
- Respond to external inquiries on behalf of the CEO
What we are looking for
- Fluent in English and French (or Arabic)
- Business School or Engineering degree (Masters degree)
- 1 to 2 year experience in a structured, fast-paced environment (tech, consulting, etc.)
- Long-term commitment to Africa
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders