Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
About Jumia Tech Centers
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Cairo Tech Center where tech meets purpose. At Cairo Tech Center you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders across Portugal, Egypt and Kenya. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
What you will be doing:
- Assures correctness and completeness of quality management documents;
- Monitors implementation of QA processes and plans (Inspection Test Plans and Quality Control Plans);
- Conducts periodic team meetings to ensure alignment with QA process and address issues with QA tools;
- Gathers comments and feedbacks to optimize systems and processes;
- Reviews documentation and resolves identified issues;
- Maintains automated testing procedures;
- Organises responsibilities and tasks to ensure the successful completion of work or projects, identifying potential obstacles and finding ways to address them sharing actively experience, knowledge and solutions with team;
- Demonstrates commitment to equality and diversity having due regard to equality issues in all decision-making;
- Working with product owners, developers and team leaders to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan test coverage for upcoming features.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge in Gherkin syntax
- Familiarity with Quality Processes and Agile Methodologies using industry standards of software QA tools, as HipTest
- Experience in Web Software and Mobile Applications (native) on product assurance tasks/processes
- Solution oriented and proactive attitude with constant sense of organisation and attention to detail
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders