Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
The Service Control Tester will be responsible for the ongoing quality and efficiency assessment activities within the IT SOX environment at Jumia.
The selected candidate will be part of a team based mainly in Porto and will work in a high-tech learning environment with colleagues across all Jumia locations.
The selected candidate will work in the testing and quality assessment of SOX controls Design and Execution efficiency, contributing with suggestions to the standardization, improvement, and simplification. Will establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the business requirements are understood and are incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement. Last but not least, will participate on the impact assessment plans and fallback controls to guarantee risk mitigation on our control lines.
What you will be doing
- Drive testing of control design and execution of applications under SOX Scope
- Review and analyze evidences and samples
- Identify and drive impact assessment memos with system owners for anomalies detected
- Drives the continual improvement of processes and procedures by analyzing process performance data and measures, comparing process performance against performance targets, reporting process performance information, and recommending changes to processes, performance measures and/or targets to maximize process performance
- Documents Continuous Improvement processes and procedures
- Document, develop, and follow the finding assessment plans after the results of the control tests
What we are looking for
- Degree, CET or equivalent in a computer related subject
- Enthusiastic and with a collaborative attitude
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in: Microsoft Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Windows Operating System);
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes
- Knowledge in SOX/ISO27001/ISO20000/NIST/PCI-DSS/COBIT/MITRE
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders