Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing
- Prepare business plans for the development of supply chain management, continuous improvement and inventory control
- Check data entered into stores across company to ensure accuracy (inventory receipts, issue, conversions, returns)
- Manage, lead and organize the work of inventory control team to achieve its competencies required
- Work to achieve the overall plan of the company through inventory analysis
- Reporting of physical inventory warehouse balances and valuation part stock wise periodically
- Managing, leading and organizing working of stock control team to achieve their tasks with required competencies
- Verifying the data entered by warehouses across the company to ensure its accuracy (stock receipts, issuance, transfers, returns)
- Follow up outstanding matters with warehouse and highlighting to top management any unusual items/delays
- Follow up and reporting for slow moving items, nonmoving items and excess material
- Reviewing existing procedures and bringing changes to cover any gaps in controls
- Planning and follow up the schedules of the annual and physical count inventory and reporting result counts with reasons
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics and Supply Chain environment
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
- Basic knowledge of Finance will be an added advantage
- Advanced Excel skills
- English proficiency
- Understanding of eCommerce Direct-to-Consumer order fulfillment concepts
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders