- Love to deliver impactful player experiences
- Enjoy respectful debates, even with your leaders
- See the value in every player
- Understand that you win and lose as a team
- Autonomy and the freedom to express your ideas
- The power of small teams
- Building meaningful connections through lasting social games
- Making mistakes, embracing our failures, and learning from them
- Transparency fostered by communication and collaboration
- Collaborate with the development team to design and implement game features and mechanics.
- Develop and maintain game logic, systems, and functionalities.
- Ensure high-quality code through code reviews, testing, and debugging.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define technical requirements and project milestones.
- Optimize game performance for various platforms and devices.
- Work closely with the design team to bring their ideas to life in the game.
- Stay updated with industry trends and technologies to improve game development processes.
- Familiar with MongoDB and mySQL.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Solid understanding of web development strategies.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- A passion for game development with excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- $82,000 - $102,000 / year
What we offer
- Competitive wages determined by market research
- Uncapped profit share program
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Paid holiday shutdown in December
- 12 paid Care Days per year
- Yearly Continuous Improvement allowance
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recently released Idle Distiller, we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Canadian owned and headquartered in beautiful Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article If you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, and this fun little video for an intro to the team!
- 2023 Great Place to Work Certified™
- 2022 Best Workplace™ for Mental Wellness
- 2022 Best Workplace™ in Canada - Less than 50 employees
- 2022 Best Workplace™ in British Columbia
- 2021 Best Workplace™ in British Columbia
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in Canada – Less than 100 employees
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ for Inclusion
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ for Mental Wellness
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in British Columbia
- 2019 Great Place to Work - British Columbia
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*