DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Hello 👋 I am Servesh, Co-Founder and CTO of Kayzen, and I am now looking for a Devops Engineer who will be reporting directly to me and working very closely with our Engineering and DevOps team (e.g. Arvind, Vinod, Nishant, Chirag, Devanand, Aakash) 🙌
But wait, you have not heard of Kayzen before? 😃
In short, Kayzen is a B2B SaaS platform that allows companies to reach users with video and rich media ads while they use mobile apps.
We are a 65-people international team, working flexibly across 8 different countries:
How would I describe our engineering challenges @ Kayzen?
- We have to deal with >100bn ad requests from 1bn+ unique users worldwide on a daily basis
- 📚If you would like to know more about our engineering and scale, read this, and this as well 😉📚
- P.S. Arvind has also written an article about how we automated ETL Workflows with Apache Airflow
How would I describe the culture within the engineering team?
- Collaboration 🤝- Every workday we would have a stand-up for us asking each other questions. You will also have a buddy at the beginning of your tenure, making sure you will be truly embedded into the team.
- Ownership 🚀 - ❌Micro-management is NEVER our style❌
- Positivity 😄 - We will eventually find our way around the hard technical challenge. Stay relaxed, and work smart 😌
- Curiosity 💭- We think ahead. We ask “Why”. We challenge our assumptions.
- P.S. If you are around our Bangalore office, we would have lunch together every workday 🍱
Your main responsibilities……
- Engineering and Provisioning -
- You install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- You research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Operations and Support -
- You perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- You repair and recover from hardware or software failures, coordinating with impacted teams.
- Maintenance -
- You apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- You maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- You perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
Sounds like you? 😉
- You are flexible to work in rotational shifts.
- You have a Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- You have good knowledge of coding with Shell and Python/Java.
- You have a good knowledge of SQL commands
- You have 2+ years of system administration/debugging experience, scripting and related tools.
- You have systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix will be an added advantage.
- You have knowledge of Nagios/Puppet/Chef as mandatory
All in all - Why Kayzen?
- We genuinely see encouraging ownership of your quality work, accelerating your career development, and keeping+hiring exceptional colleagues as the biggest perks (above everything else)
- 💰We are already profitable. So you can expect stability from the company financially, and you can enjoy the thrill of working in a start-up environment at the same time.
- Our work is driven by our own team, rather than external parties (e.g. Often start-up/scale-up companies can be heavily influenced by external parties, such as venture investors who are not deeply into the business.)
- Transparency - Day-to-day work experience with the management team and regular business updates to the team
- 😃Our Kayzenians - For instance, we did a global week of workation offsite in 2022. Check out how we were having fun here. Perhaps we will see you in the next offsite as well?🌴
Other benefits for every Kayzenian globally
- Competitive compensation package
- Parent-friendly company culture
- Remote-friendly company culture
- $500 home-office-equipment budget
- $1000 annual learning and development budget
Our team genuinely believes high-performance outcomes are achieved through hiring top talent and creating a productive and healthy work culture.
🤗 Hopefully the above excites you enough to apply 🤗
P.S. Not sure whether you should apply as you think you may not meet all the above criteria?
- No worries, just apply for the role first 🙂
- We encourage you to apply even if you meet only some of the points in the job description.
- Then, we could have a chat and see if you could be suitable for the role.