kevin. is a startup with a bright present and even brighter future. Here we dream big, and then we commit to making those dreams come true. We have already built things that were never built before - in-app payments, card redirect, and there is more to come.
How did we manage that? By hiring people that are talented, driven, ambitious. Our company provides an environment where people like that can flourish - they can learn, explore, innovate. And they do just that!
So come join us and add rocket fuel to your career! kevin. is a great place to explore paths that were not explored before, and actually make impactful decisions.
As our new Engineering Team Lead, you will:
The key objective of a Team Lead is to enable the team to effectively deliver business value. This is usually done by:
- Collaborating with the product owner on planning the product roadmap.
- Guiding the team whenever necessary on smooth technical implementation.
- Ensuring that a technical roadmap is in place and being followed, and technical debt is being managed.
- Identifying any problems or bottlenecks, whether they're related to processes, products, or specific people, and taking actions to solve those.
- Mentoring, supporting, and reviewing team members through 1:1s, as well as performance and salary reviews.
- Building and scaling the team by participating in recruitment and onboarding.
What you need to be successful:
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience building high performing teams and leading engineers
- Have previous software development experience in at least as a senior software engineer level
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Leadership & team player mentality
- Great conflict resolution and communication skills on both technical and management levels
- Are not afraid to take initiative and break walls in the process
- Are a goal oriented and result driven professional
We don’t expect the Team Lead to write code because there usually are better ways to help the team. However, we still expect Team Leads to be highly technical people, whom are able to make decisions whenever needed.
We don’t play games when it comes to compensation packages and benefits for our employees. Our remuneration ranges from €7000 to €15000, based on your experience and competence. We not only provide competitive salaries, but we also offer several extra benefits, such as short- and long-term incentives, private health insurance, and much more. So if you’re looking for stability and comfort with a bit of excitement sprinkled in here and there, then kevin. is the place for you!
What will you get in addition:
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible salary payments - pick if you want to get your salary weekly, monthly or twice a month (applicable only for Lithuania based employees).
- Freedom to create, innovate, and make impactful decisions.
- Freelancer’s working schedule – just bring us the result on time.*
- Choose where to work from: our offices, your home, a little cabin in the woods, the beach - you get the point - just be reachable and do your job.*
- Talented and committed team members - the best of their fields.
- Full ownership of your tasks and decisions.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Full compliance with local law requirements and labour code.
*Expectations on location may apply depending on role and seniority
kevin.’s advanced A2A (account-to-account) payment infrastructure solution was created to swiftly change costly card payments to payments linked directly from customers’ bank accounts without using any third-party providers. kevin.’s technology scales to businesses of any size and across industries, including retail, parking, fashion, car-sharing, deliveries, insurance and many more. kevin. focuses on mobile and POS payments where customers predominantly pay using cards currently. Its payment infrastructure is based on open banking – regulated by the European PSD2 Directive – which requires all banks and financial institutions in the European Economic Area to open their API for licensed third-party providers. kevin. develops only own connections to the banks without using any third-party aggregators.
Currently, the Company supports more than 6,000 merchants in 15 markets, including Sweden, Finland, Poland, Spain, Netherlands, Baltics and Portugal, where the company has a coverage of more than 85% of bank customers. The firm’s services will be available in 28 European Economic Area (EEA) countries by the end of 2022. kevin. has a team of more than 190 employees in 20 countries and it plans to expand its workforce to beyond 350 employees in 2022.
kevin. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.