kevin. is different. While everyone was talking about a payments revolution, we hit reset. We’re rebuilding financial transactions from scratch. So they’re faster, more efficient, and more secure for everyone. Our global team of experts has already made first-of-a-kind breakthroughs, creating account-to-account payments in-app and in-store. But we’re just getting started. We need driven people who see, show, and build different because it’s time to scale up. So, if you want a fast, fresh, and flexible place to grow, be bold. Join kevin.
As our new Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will:
- Deliver business value with your team members by writing clean and maintainable code.
- Be responsible for the quality of your work, which includes writing unit and integration tests.
- Understand the product being developed, both from business and technical perspectives.
- Participate in technical decisions by providing alternatives, specific opinions, as well as reasoning behind those.
- Perform code reviews of other team members.
- Coach other team members.
If you wish to expand your knowledge, are interested in the newest programming tendencies and feel comfortable in a fast-paced agile environment, don’t hesitate and apply now. Please take a look at our tech stack in detail on https://stackshare.io/kevineu/kevin
What you need to be successful:
- Have built user-facing high-throughput products, preferably using Node.js.
- Have worked in a team following good development practices, such as writing unit tests, having CI/CD pipelines, doing code reviews, sharing knowledge.
- Have participated in or built a big product from scratch.
- Are able to analyse problems, find root causes, plan and implement solutions in complex systems.
- Can clearly and timely communicate on any problems that are faced, or implementation aspects that are planned to be reviewed by others.
- Can take technical ownership of business problem, area, process, or a new need. This is usually done by technical gap analysis, deep dives in understanding business processes and relations with technical solutions, and planning and implementing new features and/or services.
Reward and benefits - What’s on offer at kevin.:
We only hire the very best talent from across Europe and beyond. It’s a competitive landscape so our salaries and benefits are equally competitive.Our comprehensive benchmarking means our remuneration for this role ranges from €4700 to €6900, based on your experience and competence, but if you’ve got something extra-special to bring to the table, let’s talk!’
For many people, the most valuable benefit of working at kevin. is the opportunity to work on a ground-breaking product that has the power to build a world of payment possibilities. Alongside this, we have a range of financial, non-financial and cultural benefits on offer.
- Competitive salary (routinely benchmarked against latest industry data)
- Private Health Insurance
- Additional vacation plus local public holidays
- Up to 90 days per year of working from anywhere in the world
- Fantastic opportunities for progression and promotion as the business grows (25% of our employees were promoted in the last 12 months)
- Future stock option opportunities based on individual and business performance
- Work on cutting-edge technologies with the latest tools and modern tech stack
- Apple MacBook and accessories
- Travel insurance for use when travelling for business purposes
- Subsidised secure parking*
- Free on-site gym*
- Free lunch, snacks, and hot/cold drinks*
- Sports and social activities, including free tennis lessons*
- Global company events
- Work with experts from across Europe and beyond
- Be part of a diverse and multinational business with 30+ nationalities
*Benefits may vary by location.
kevin.’s advanced A2A (account-to-account) payment infrastructure solution was created to swiftly change costly card payments to payments linked directly from customers’ bank accounts without using any third-party providers. kevin.’s technology scales to businesses of any size and across industries, including retail, parking, fashion, car-sharing, deliveries, insurance and many more. kevin. focuses on mobile and POS payments where customers predominantly pay using cards currently. Its payment infrastructure is based on open banking – regulated by the European PSD2 Directive – which requires all banks and financial institutions in the European Economic Area to open their API for licensed third-party providers. kevin. develops only own connections to the banks without using any third-party aggregators.
Currently, thousands of businesses across Europe are innovating and growing with our end-to-end technology. Founded in 2018, kevin. is moving forward with confidence. In our latest investment round, we raised $65M Series A in May 2022, leading us to total $78.9M of investment attracted. We’re an international team of over 300 professionals, with plans to increase to 500 by 2024 with hubs in Vilnius, Warsaw, London, Berlin, and Amsterdam. Backed by leadership from powerhouse corporations like Revolut, McKinsey, Zalando Payments, SAP, Worldline, Ingenico, Paypal, Checkout.com, VISA, and Mastercard, our experience and expertise run deep.
kevin. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.