Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that's captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It's a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work on a cutting-edge project, creating a multiplayer game backend by using the best of SpatialOS and systems built in-house.
- Develop and operate an infrastructure platform for the server-side part of our upcoming MMO game.
- Enable feature development teams to easily and quickly develop, deploy and evolve services running on that infrastructure platform.
- You will be working with a technology stack of (amongst others) GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform, gRPC, SpatialOS.
- You will be part of an agile software development team focused on infrastructure, and be responsible for reliability, uptime and rate of improvement of our server-side platform.
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT
- You have 4+ years of experience in operating cloud infrastructure at scale utilising cloud hosting providers in a production environment as a Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps Engineer or in a similar role.
- You have two years of experience with using Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, interoperability for distributed services (gRPC, REST) in a production environment.
- You are able to communicate and collaborate in an agile development team, across teams, and partner with other departments to bring a technological product to users.
- You have worked on networked multiplayer games, ideally persistent ones.
- Experience with CI/CD, GitHub Actions, ArgoCD, relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL), tools for observability like DataDog.
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.