Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that's captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It's a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
What you will do
- Work in one of several interdisciplinary and diverse teams of designers, engineers, and quality assurance
- Collaborate to design, prototype, and implement new game systems
- Develop game features through every step of the development process, from initial design all the way to live game support
- Identify technical and developmental bottlenecks and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Provide input on the technical direction for an ambitious MMO project, built on excellent technical foundations
- Build and maintain great documentation
Who we think will be a great fit
- You have 5 or more years of in-depth experience with Unity and C# programming
- You shipped two or more commercial titles for PC or Consoles
- You would like to specialize in at least one of these: Gameplay, Client-Server, or Rendering & Shaders
- You have experience working in an Agile development environment
- You communicate exceptionally well within an interdisciplinary team in an open and honest environment
- You are confident in your work and care about the quality of what you produce
- You are able to communicate fluently in English
- You are curious, always eager to learn new things- and to teach them back to the team!
- Successfully experienced the full life cycle of multiplayer game development, from concept to release
- Experience in working with multiplayer networked games
- A fan of large scale MMOs, life, ecology or economy simulations
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.