Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that's captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It's a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
As a UI/UX Director, you will be overseeing the development of the User Experience of SEED, collaborating with the other Directors to shape this unique combination of deep, complex simulation and player cooperation into a coherent whole. You will provide the UI/UX team with a strong vision with which to frame their work, and inspire them to push the boundaries of their field in an environment that fosters creativity and care.
- Inspire and Lead the effort around creating a holistic UI/UX strategy and direction for SEED.
- Set up UI/UX guidelines, principles and requirements for Designers to ensure a coherent UI/UX experience in SEED.
- Oversee the work of the UI/UX team, set up processes, create and maintain UI/UX documentation and information architecture.
- Represent the UI/UX team within Klang and deliver updates and presentations for the whole company.
- Collaborate and establish trusted work relationships with heads, directors and other members across all disciplines.
- Set foundations for a future growth of UI/UX at Klang. Guide the UI/UX development with the use of roadmaps and other planning tools.
- Provide design feedback and take action in order to continuously ensure and raise the quality of SEED.
- Experience as UI/UX Director on at least one relevant project.
- Experience of leading a large, complex UI/UX project from the beginning.
- A strong UI/UX design background and experience leading teams of Designers, speaking their language.
- Experience or interest working on emergent and complex systems such as city builders or MMOs.
- Several years of team leadership and management.
If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.