Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that's captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It's a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
As the Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of engineers, facilitate communication between teams and departments, and contribute to technical product ownership. You will work directly with the CTO and the engineering management team.
- Work with individuals on a 1-on-1 level to help them set personal and professional career growth goals.
- Improve productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean.
- Identify tension and issues within or across teams and resolve them.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide candid feedback on performance.
- Contribute to management best practices and engineering culture.
- Facilitate mentoring within the engineering discipline, both personally and across teams.
- Collaborate with our recruiting team to grow the team and determine growth needs with team leads and management.
- Work with the CTO and senior engineers to drive technical initiatives and improve our engineering practices.
- Develop and track essential quality and team performance metrics, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status.
- Work with team members and stakeholders to manage the team's backlog, priorities, dependencies, and technical strategy.
- Facilitate team ceremonies, such as retrospective meetings.
- Stay on top of ongoing trends and technical developments in the team's domains.
- Have experience as an engineer in the games industry.
- Understand the technical domain and translate company strategy into technical execution.
- Have experience as a manager with an understanding of manager dynamics and maturity.
- Possess strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Have experience with team capacity planning.
- Demonstrate good personal communication skills and the ability to have difficult conversations.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Know modern development methodologies like CI, TBD, TDD, CD, and DORA.
Who we think would be a good fit
- A natural leader who is passionate about mentoring and developing others.
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment focusing on continuous improvement.
- A strong communicator who can manage difficult conversations and facilitate team collaboration.
- A team player who values cross-functional teamwork and has experience working with Product Owners and Project Managers.
- A results-oriented individual who can drive projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- An individual with a solid technical background and experience managing technical teams focusing on product ownership.
- Someone excited about games and the gaming industry and eager to join a growing company.
- A candidate who is comfortable with Agile methodologies and has experience with modern development methodologies.
- An individual with a strong work ethic and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- A candidate who can adapt to changing priorities and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Benefits, Klang HQ (Berlin)
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel ticket or co-contribution to e-bike/e-moped
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health support, legal advice as well as support finding doctor’s appointments
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A brand-new, dog-friendly office in the heart of Kreuzberg with adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs, and mobile aircon units for hot summers.
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
- Virtual Stock Options (VSOP)
If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.