Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that's captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It's a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
About the position
Klang is looking for an experienced QA Tester (f/m/d). In this role, you will play a pivotal part in our development process, collaborating closely with our talented developers and Product Owners to ensure a seamless and captivating gaming experience for our users. Your responsibilities will encompass crafting test plans for the features you work on. As a crucial team member, you will actively participate in Sprint Demos and other essential Scrum rituals.
In collaboration with our QA Director, you will work towards achieving quarterly OKRs (Objectives and Key Results), contribute to the refinement of processes, and establish benchmarks for excellence in testing practices. Supporting fellow QA testers, distributing workloads, sharing insights to enhance our practices, and assisting in the onboarding of new team members will also be part of your responsibilities.
This role will be based in our Madrid office.
What you will do
- Collaborate closely with our development teams to understand project requirements and objectives.
- Conduct comprehensive testing of our game to identify and report bugs and other issues.
- Create detailed test cases and execute test plans to ensure the game meets quality standards.
- Collaborate with developers to reproduce and prioritise issues, tracking them to resolution.
- Participate in the development of QA processes, methodologies, and best practices.
- Provide valuable feedback to the development team to enhance gameplay, user experience, and overall quality.
- Work closely with the QA director to ensure efficient and thorough testing coverage.
Who we think will be a great fit
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a QA Tester in the gaming industry.
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Agile Development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of test management and bug-tracking software.
- You can communicate fluently in English, inside and outside of your own domain.
- Ability to work well in a cross-location team, collaborate effectively, and adapt to evolving project requirements.
- Passion for gaming and a deep understanding of MMOs and multiplayer experiences.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence.
- Previous work on multiplayer networked games, ideally persistent ones.
If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.