Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that's captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It's a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work in a specialized tech team developing the core tech of our custom and highly distributed infrastructure
- Identify technical and developmental bottlenecks and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Provide input on the technical direction for an ambitious MMO project built on excellent technical foundations
- Build and maintain excellent documentation
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT
- You have experience in developing highly reliable, scalable, and performant applications
- You have 5 or more years of experience in distributed system programming
- You shipped two or more commercial large-scale network products (games, applications, services)
- You have experience designing and building libraries with a clean API used by other developers
- You have good documentation skills
- You have experience with Redis, Postgres databases, Kubernetes, and containerization
- You have experience working in an Agile development environment
- You communicate exceptionally well within an interdisciplinary team in an open and honest environment
- You are confident in your work and care about the quality of what you produce
- You can communicate fluently in English
- You are curious and always eager to learn new things- and to teach them back to the team!
- Successfully experienced the entire life cycle of multiplayer game development, from concept to release
- Experience in working with multiplayer networked games
- A fan of large-scale MMOs, life, ecology, or economy simulations
If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.