At Koa Health, we believe in putting people (and their mental health) first. So we’ve made it our goal to leverage technology and research to enable people to change their behaviors with effective and accessible support that adapts to their unique circumstances. Having secured a successful and oversubscribed Series A funding totaling €30m (ca.$36M) in October 2020 and currently preparing for Series B round of investment, we are continuing on a steady path to grow our global team. Read more about our story here.
Against the backdrop of decades of rising demand, mental health has never been more important. The Covid pandemic has led to a 4x increase in mental disorders around the world. With no increase in the supply of clinicians, tens of millions of people are stranded today without access to care. There has never been a more critical moment for the work that we’re leading at Koa Health. And this is where you come in.
Your new role
Our Engineering team is building the technology that is transforming the mental health industry. And we’re proud of it, it’s our driving force. We are developing our applications using cutting edge technology in all of the levels of our technology stack. We are cloud native, unlimited scale-up ready and continuously improving our applications for providing the best UX experience possible. We do not have limits, and we are looking for technology advocates, passionate developers and architects to help with our vision. If you like new challenges, working with outstanding people, love developing webApps technologies, and having a lot of fun, Koa is the best place to be.
We are looking for a (Senior) software engineer that has previous experience as a full stack developer to join our engineering organization (of around 30 highly skilled and passionate engineers) in one of our product development teams of 4-5 engineers, that is delivering the mobile, web apps and backend services, covering all the development cycle.
From a development perspective, we have implemented a career ladder so our Team Leads can help you take control and enable your personal progression. Also we're always looking to use the latest technologies and have a way of working that allows us to help mentor team members technically too.
- AWS -> Cognito, RDS, serverless/lambdas
- API -> Typescript, NestJS, REST, Jest
- Flutter -> mobile, web, BLoC pattern
- CI/CD -> GH actions, Codemagic
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop our amazing products and contribute to the constant technology evolution.
- Contribute to the product vision & evolution by working closely to: UX researchers, designers, data analysts, product leads, etc.
- Be involved in the user experience design process, from wireframes and mockups through implementation and release
- Helping define and maintain documentation and ensure consistency
- Direct ownership and end-to-end responsibility for the entire software development life cycle as a lead developer in your team: analysis, development, testing and deployment.
- Participate proactively in team technical meetings and discussions.
- Participate proactively in backlog grooming and planning.
- Work independently and as a team, participating in code reviews.
What You'll Need
- Experience working in an agile environment (we use Kanban with a 3 weeks release schedule).
- Experience with Unit Testing, or Test-driven or Behaviour-driven development.
- Experience collaborating on software projects with design and backend aspects
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results oriented mindset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Works well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent English
Nice to have
- Insightful opinions about development process
- A GitHub account with some cool projects in it
- Familiarity with Typescript.
- Padel, ping pong, table football, or culinary skills :)
Why Koa Health?
We are at the forefront of innovation in the MedTech arena, working on one of the hottest topics of today – behavioural health. By working with us, in whatever role, you get to make a true impact on the lives of others.
Aside from this, we provide all the necessary support and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, such as:
- A fantastic rewards package that includes: Food Allowance, Private Health Insurance, Pension Contribution, Life Insurance, Bi-annual Bonus Scheme, Uncapped Sales Incentive Plans and Share Options.
- As a business we are focused on supporting your wellbeing and therefore provide you with a Wellbeing Allowance and Wellbeing Leave, as well as a generous annual leave allocation to help manage both your mental and physical health as you see fit.
- True flexibility – we’re hiring your skills and experience, so ask you to use these in the most effective way you can and manage your work-life balance accordingly.
- Worldwide WeWork membership access for those who prefer a hybrid schedule; you will find our teams collaborating on our private rooftop terrace when visiting our Barcelona office.
- An international environment with a company culture focused on wellbeing and personal growth.
An Inclusive Workplace
At Koa Health, we facilitate a safe space where cultures, backgrounds, ideas and ways of solving problems can combine. This unique mix is a big part of our recipe for success when it comes to working towards our mission of mental health for all. We firmly believe that Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded in the fabric of our organization and we know true progress comes with long-term commitments and actions. We are building a space where our people feel respected for who they are and are rewarded based on the impact they make to the business.
Regardless of your personal identifiers, at Koa Health you can be yourself, and feel respected, accepted and supported. We promote an inclusive culture where people who think and act differently can discover ways to learn from each other.
Promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity must be a company-wide effort. As a young start-up, we are creating a safe space that fosters acceptance and invites differences as part of our first steps toward building a resilient and inclusive work environment.