At Koa Health, we believe in putting people (and their mental health) first. So we’ve made it our goal to leverage technology and research to enable people to change their behaviors with effective and accessible support that adapts to their unique circumstances. Having secured a successful and oversubscribed Series A funding totaling €30m (ca.$36M) in October 2020 and currently preparing for Series B round of investment, we are continuing on a steady path to grow our global team. Read more about our story here.
Against the backdrop of decades of rising demand, mental health has never been more important. The Covid pandemic has led to a 4x increase in mental disorders around the world. With no increase in the supply of clinicians, tens of millions of people are stranded today without access to care. There has never been a more critical moment for the work that we’re leading at Koa Health. And this is where you come in.
Working At Koa
We are always on the lookout for extraordinary individuals to join us on this exciting growth journey to develop innovative, ground-breaking ways to improve mental health. 2022 is set to be an exciting year for Koa and we’re always looking to hear from Engineers at all levels who are looking to join our journey and deliver mental health to all.
- Are you inspired by people and how technology can make optimum care accessible for all?
- Do you want to work for a company that creates the technology of tomorrow?
- Do you want to build and develop products that have an impact at a global scale?
- Do you have a passion for your field of work and are looking for the next smart career move?
If yes, share your details with us and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch. We have offices located in the Netherlands / UK / US / Spain and English is our working language.
Our Technology Team
Our tech team is perfectly embedded in our newly designed Digital Studio concept which translates into a fast, effective and efficient Full Stack agile tribe structure consisting of different squads focused on top product innovation, development, delivery and quality. The tribe's model has helped Koa grow and build an agile, modern organization, without losing our DNA.
Our Tech Stack
- React and Angular frontend for web.
- Flutter for mobile devices.
- NodeJS + TypeScript for the backend running on a Kubernetes infrastructure in the Cloud.
Join our mission by becoming a co-creator of complex digital solutions that are changing the mental health field forever and aim to make a healthier society for all of us around the world.
Why Koa Health?
We are at the forefront of innovation in the MedTech arena, working on one of the hottest topics of today – behavioural health. By working with us, in whatever role, you get to make a true impact on the lives of others.
Aside from this, we provide all the necessary support and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, such as:
- A fantastic rewards package that includes: Food Allowance, Private Health Insurance, Pension Contribution, Life Insurance, Bi-annual Bonus Scheme, Uncapped Sales Incentive Plans and Share Options.
- As a business we are focused on supporting your wellbeing and therefore provide you with a Wellbeing Allowance and Wellbeing Leave, as well as a generous annual leave allocation to help manage both your mental and physical health as you see fit.
- True flexibility – we’re hiring your skills and experience, so ask you to use these in the most effective way you can and manage your work-life balance accordingly.
- Worldwide WeWork membership access for those who prefer a hybrid schedule; you will find our teams collaborating on our private rooftop terrace when visiting our Barcelona office.
- An international environment with a company culture focused on wellbeing and personal growth.
An Inclusive Workplace
At Koa Health, we facilitate a safe space where cultures, backgrounds, ideas and ways of solving problems can combine. This unique mix is a big part of our recipe for success when it comes to working towards our mission of mental health for all. We firmly believe that Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded in the fabric of our organization and we know true progress comes with long-term commitments and actions. We are building a space where our people feel respected for who they are and are rewarded based on the impact they make to the business.
Regardless of your personal identifiers, at Koa Health you can be yourself, and feel respected, accepted and supported. We promote an inclusive culture where people who think and act differently can discover ways to learn from each other.
Promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity must be a company-wide effort. As a young start-up, we are creating a safe space that fosters acceptance and invites differences as part of our first steps toward building a resilient and inclusive work environment.