At Koa Health, we believe in putting people (and their mental health) first. So we’ve made it our goal to leverage technology and research to enable people to change their behaviors with effective and accessible support that adapts to their unique circumstances. Having secured a successful and oversubscribed Series A funding totaling €30m (ca.$36M) in October 2020 and currently preparing for Series B round of investment, we are continuing on a steady path to grow our global team. Read more about our story here.
Against the backdrop of decades of rising demand, mental health has never been more important. The Covid pandemic has led to a 4x increase in mental disorders around the world. With no increase in the supply of clinicians, tens of millions of people are stranded today without access to care. There has never been a more critical moment for the work that we’re leading at Koa Health. And this is where you come in.
About the Role
The Engineering team at Koa (around 40 at the moment) has been growing slowly for the past four years, and after our successful round of investment in Oct 2020, we are looking into growing even more this year, with lots of new clients and challenges.
You will join as the fourth member of the QA team and as part of a multidisciplinary team working on Mindset design and development verification.
Within the QA team, you will be expected to collaborate on defining and implementing a testing strategy throughout the different products in the company that will contribute to the OKRs of the business. .
As part of the product team for Mindset, you will be working on a private, on-demand app for patients who need support for their mental health. Mindset provides programs that leverage established CBT protocols to deliver exercises to patients. In parallel, a clinician dashboard enables therapists/clinicians to oversee the patient’s progress in the program and app usage with the ultimate goal to improve their efficacy. Everything starts with a clinical evaluation; the therapist/clinician creates a Mindset account for eligible patients via the Mindset dashboard and patients are provided with a personalised and secure code to install Mindset app. The Mindset program helps individuals better understand and live well with depression by offering cognitive behavioural therapy-based techniques to complement in-person treatment. Currently, the Mindset program is for depression, but in the future Mindset will likely have multiple programs for patients suffering from various conditions, e.g. anxiety.
The clinician dashboard offers:
- Administrative tools to manage service provider users (administrators and therapists/clinicians)
- Tools to manage app patients
- Patient review
- Integration into existing clinical systems is possible, depending on the requirements.
Over the last years, the team has been refining and improving the product, both functional and technical and we're looking for someone who can collaborate with the developers and the product owner to drive higher product quality and improved patient safety.
Does it sound interesting? Keep reading to know more details!
What you will do:
As a QA functional engineer at Koa Health, you will find yourself:
- Establish and improve quality engineering processes to ensure product development is in compliance with applicable regulatory and quality standards throughout the SDLC.
- Defining, creating and maintaining test cases and test suites
- Assist the team with prioritising bugs by analysing and reporting issues as they are discovered
- Document verification plans that include methods and acceptance criteria
- Perform traceability checks ensuring that all requirements have approved test cases
- Perform design and development testing ensuring that outputs have met input requirements
- Document results and conclusions of the verification
- Follow the bug resolution process
- Innovate bug tracking to strengthen the development process by reviewing trends
- Ensure that the tools used in product testing are validated
- Managing external testers and third party QA contractors
- Following up on bugs resolution with the team and external testers
- Controlling release activities and improving our release processes
- Documenting technical aspects of the QA process.
- Team player: Collaborate with the QA team, development team and Product Owner.
- Good communication. Be comfortable communicating with the team, external testers and third party QA contractors in English.
- Experience in managing test suites: creating test plans, test management organisation, and planning test cycles and releases.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment and documenting quality processes.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in Agile management tools (we use Jira, Confluence, and Test Management software).
- Able to adapt to a fast-changing dynamic environment
- Some experience managing external testers and third party QA contractors.
- Knowledge of standards and regulations for medical devices.
- Test certifications.
- Some coding experience.
- Some experience using a framework for automated testing (if you are familiar with Selenium, Appium, and Cypress).
Why Koa Health?
We are at the forefront of innovation in the MedTech arena, working on one of the hottest topics of today – behavioural health. By working with us, in whatever role, you get to make a true impact on the lives of others.
Aside from this, we provide all the necessary support and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, such as:
- A fantastic rewards package that includes: Food Allowance, Private Health Insurance, Pension Contribution, Life Insurance, Bi-annual Bonus Scheme, Uncapped Sales Incentive Plans and Share Options.
- As a business we are focused on supporting your wellbeing and therefore provide you with a Wellbeing Allowance and Wellbeing Leave, as well as a generous annual leave allocation to help manage both your mental and physical health as you see fit.
- True flexibility – we’re hiring your skills and experience, so ask you to use these in the most effective way you can and manage your work-life balance accordingly.
- Worldwide WeWork membership access for those who prefer a hybrid schedule; you will find our teams collaborating on our private rooftop terrace when visiting our Barcelona office.
- An international environment with a company culture focused on wellbeing and personal growth.
An Inclusive Workplace
At Koa Health, we facilitate a safe space where cultures, backgrounds, ideas and ways of solving problems can combine. This unique mix is a big part of our recipe for success when it comes to working towards our mission of mental health for all. We firmly believe that Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded in the fabric of our organization and we know true progress comes with long-term commitments and actions. We are building a space where our people feel respected for who they are and are rewarded based on the impact they make to the business.
Regardless of your personal identifiers, at Koa Health you can be yourself, and feel respected, accepted and supported. We promote an inclusive culture where people who think and act differently can discover ways to learn from each other.
Promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity must be a company-wide effort. As a young start-up, we are creating a safe space that fosters acceptance and invites differences as part of our first steps toward building a resilient and inclusive work environment.