At Koa Health, we believe in putting people (and their mental health) first. So we’ve made it our goal to leverage technology and research to enable people to change their behaviors with effective and accessible support that adapts to their unique circumstances. Having secured a successful and oversubscribed Series A funding totaling €30m (ca.$36M) in October 2020 and currently preparing for Series B round of investment, we are continuing on a steady path to grow our global team. Read more about our story here.
Against the backdrop of decades of rising demand, mental health has never been more important. The Covid pandemic has led to a 4x increase in mental disorders around the world. With no increase in the supply of clinicians, tens of millions of people are stranded today without access to care. There has never been a more critical moment for the work that we’re leading at Koa Health. And this is where you come in.
About the Role
As the Foundations product team at Koa Health, we provide people with science-backed tools they need to thrive in areas including sleep, stress and anxiety.This content is the cornerstone of Foundations, and we are seeking a product designer with visual and product design skills to own this area and take our effective and engaging product to the next level.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work in a cross-functional product team to define and design user experience solutions that improve the health and well-being of the people who use our products and services every day. You’ll partner closely with our content writers and clinical experts to develop Foundations, and you’ll bring together your passions for visual and interactive design, illustration, and user-centered design.
We believe in supporting our designers and giving them the autonomy to do what they do best while having the support of working within a structured team on a focused goal. We work collaboratively between Design, Research, Engineering, Content and Product, so you'll have the opportunity to explore the skills you aim to improve while having the chance to propose new design solutions and work closely with our Engineers to build a sense of craft and quality into our products.
- Design and deliver a product’s user experience and user interface. The focus area for this role will be to own the design and performance of our content templates for our content programs and activities.
- Maintain and develop our content from a look and feel and brand narrative perspective.
- Visual design and illustration skills - we have a house style defined but you will need to apply this and develop it.
- Work with our Content team to create engaging and effective content across static images, animation, audio and interactive experiences.
- Working with the User Research team to identify: opportunities for research, insights and needs.
- Work with Product Managers in the process of executing the strategic position, scope and schedule of a product or feature.
- Work with Engineering to help maintain delivery schedules and collaborate on: story mapping, feature refinement, design specifications and prioritisation.
- You will monitor the performance of the content and experiences you design and will continuously seek signals, patterns, and evidence in the data to improve the therapies and programs.
- Cross-product collaboration to ensure consistency across our product portfolio and contribute to our design system
- At least five years of experience in product design (working in-house for a SaaS product is an advantage).
- Strong visual and/or brand design skills.
- A problem-orientated approach to design work.
- You seek feedback and take an inclusive approach to working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience working alongside Engineers and Product Managers in a cross-functional autonomous product team using agile methodologies.
- Able to take a flexible approach to change.
You’re a system thinker. You can anticipate the ripple effects that changes will have on the overall product portfolio experience.
- Your work is showcased by a portfolio evidencing your skills, experience, and product design processes across a range of commercial products.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills and great storytelling with the ability to explain rationales behind your design decisions - you're able to get people along on the journey with you.
- Fluency in English.
Desirable but not essential
- Fast prototyping skills.
- Experience in working in the healthcare industry.
- Experience designing brand identities and visual styles for all services
- Experience creating scalable design language systems for typography, colour, components, and layouts
- Video production, and editorial skills across a range of media
- Motion design
Reasons to apply
- Lead the future of mental health by owning and developing the beautiful and clinically-proven content modules that make the Foundations app work, teaming up with psychologists, content writers, and technology experts alike.
- Have a meaningful impact: use your product and visual design skills to further advance a product that is already proven to have a positive impact on mental wellbeing.
- Do your best work as part of a supportive and collaborative design, content and research team.
Why Koa Health?
We are at the forefront of innovation in the MedTech arena, working on one of the hottest topics of today – behavioural health. By working with us, in whatever role, you get to make a true impact on the lives of others.
Aside from this, we provide all the necessary support and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, such as:
- A fantastic rewards package that includes: Food Allowance, Private Health Insurance, Pension Contribution, Life Insurance, Bi-annual Bonus Scheme, Uncapped Sales Incentive Plans and Share Options.
- As a business we are focused on supporting your wellbeing and therefore provide you with a Wellbeing Allowance and Wellbeing Leave, as well as a generous annual leave allocation to help manage both your mental and physical health as you see fit.
- True flexibility – we’re hiring your skills and experience, so ask you to use these in the most effective way you can and manage your work-life balance accordingly.
- Worldwide WeWork membership access for those who prefer a hybrid schedule; you will find our teams collaborating on our private rooftop terrace when visiting our Barcelona office.
- An international environment with a company culture focused on wellbeing and personal growth.
An Inclusive Workplace
At Koa Health, we facilitate a safe space where cultures, backgrounds, ideas and ways of solving problems can combine. This unique mix is a big part of our recipe for success when it comes to working towards our mission of mental health for all. We firmly believe that Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded in the fabric of our organization and we know true progress comes with long-term commitments and actions. We are building a space where our people feel respected for who they are and are rewarded based on the impact they make to the business.
Regardless of your personal identifiers, at Koa Health you can be yourself, and feel respected, accepted and supported. We promote an inclusive culture where people who think and act differently can discover ways to learn from each other.
Promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity must be a company-wide effort. As a young start-up, we are creating a safe space that fosters acceptance and invites differences as part of our first steps toward building a resilient and inclusive work environment.