LetsGetChecked is a leading at-home health testing company, with a platform that allows consumers to discover and access personalized health information conveniently, confidentially and accurately. We empower people to take an active role in their health to live longer, happier lives. LetsGetChecked was founded in 2015 and has corporate offices located in New York City and Dublin.
LGC Labs is the trusted partner in laboratory testing for LetsGetChecked. With a shared vision for the future of healthcare, together, our experts are constantly innovating and refining to help people live longer, happier lives. Our labs take pride in maintaining a scientific rigour, accountability and standards that go above and beyond requirements of regulatory governance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Medical Scientist is within the Dublin Team, and it will report directly into the Director of Lab Operations.
- Following the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Adhering to the laboratory’s Quality Control policies and documenting all Quality Control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Participate in training and supervision of staff as required and in the maintenance of staff training records. Contribute to monitoring the scientific performance and competency of staff.
- Be responsible for specific areas of the Laboratory activity as may be delegated
- Participate in preparation, maintenance and practice of standard operating procedures.
- Participate in the use of audit as a tool to monitor all aspects of the laboratory service as required.
- Participate in the reporting and investigation of non-conformances.
- Participation in ISO 15189:2012 requirements as directed by Laboratory Management.
- BSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent
- Membership of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (or proven eligibility for membership).
- Evidence of certification by CORU or application to CORU
- A minimum of 1+ years working in a Clinical Chemistry/multidisciplinary laboratory
- Knowledge of ISO 15189:2012 and experience of external audits
- Experience of participation in internal audits, reviewing and writing SOPs
- Experience with Roche cobas analysers is desirable
Together we have a common goal to help people live longer, happier lives.
We want our employees to be healthy, travel often, and have the financial resources and support they need to live a fulfilling life, both inside and outside of work. We encourage our employees to build their careers at LetsGetChecked. We run regular career training clinics, interview assistance, and encourage employees to apply for internal opportunities. We support Learning & Development through our partner Udemy.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
As we continue to grow, LetsGetChecked is fully committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued, where each and every one of our people feels that they belong and are empowered to do the best work of their career.