Founded by experienced cloud security experts, Lightspin's Cloud Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) solution empowers organizations to start seeing their cloud stack from an attacker’s perspective and instantly identify, prioritize, and remediate any open attack paths using graph-based technology. Agentless, effective, and loved by DevOps, Lightspin delivers a comprehensive view of hybrid clouds including AWS, Azure, GCP, and Kubernetes.
Lightspin has raised $20M in Series A and is backed by leading venture firms like Dell Ventures & Ibex Investors with industry-renowned cybersecurity experts on the board and management team.
Joining our team means that you'll work with the most advanced technology, in a 50/50 gender-balanced environment, where it's all about our people and everyone is able to make an impact on our technology and culture. We value individuals who bring a unique perspective and are passionate about their work.
About the Role
As a Demand Generation Business Development Representative (DG BDR) you will use a methodical approach to daily outreach, follow-up and play a critical role in driving demand and filling the early stages of our sales pipeline. You will be part of the marketing team and will report to the Director of Demand Generation.
In addition, you will assist with other various demand generation and marketing functions, manage the website chat, help with various marketing initiatives, attend conferences, and collaborate with marketing, sales, customer success, product, and engineering teams.
You will be measured by clear KPIs around your activities. Your main goal is to qualify and convert MQLs to Opportunities and generate a high-quality pipeline and revenue.
What You'll Do
- Conduct research on leads and target accounts, using multiple tools such as Hubspot, company websites, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Identify broader buying committees in target accounts
- Identify pain points and uncover opportunities where our solutions meet their needs
- Create tailored, personalized messaging, that’s specifically relevant to the behavioral, firmographic, and intent data you collected. This is a combination of marketing and sales copy, that will result in actual conversations
- Write engaging and compelling customized messaging for your email sequences, LinkedIn messages, and phone call conversations
- A/B test various messaging elements and develop a robust outreach library of tested and verified outreach content, templates, sequences, and campaigns
- Engage the lead in meaningful conversation and convert them into an opportunity
- Conduct multi-channel outreach using emails, LinkedIn, and phone calls
- Facilitate timely responses and utilize your research and crafted communication assets
- Have meaningful conversations with the lead, qualify them, and convert them into an opportunity and hand-off to our Account Executives
- 1-3 years of B2B experience in at least one of these domains, marketing/ business development/ sales
- Experience with HubSpot is a big plus
- Experience in hi-tech companies
- Cyber Security experience– an advantage
- Good understanding of cross-functional business relationships
- Ability to communicate at the senior management and executive level
- The ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Go-getter, outgoing, persistent, ambitious with a “can-do” mentality
- Technologically savvy, quick learner and can easily adopt new tools
- Organized, methodical, and with high attention to detail
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to translate business ideas into technical solutions
- Creative mindset that can identify solutions and adapt quickly to change
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Native English speaker, excellent communication and writing skills
- Location: NYC area preferred
- Hybrid and flexible work, but you should be able to commute to our NYC office in Midtown Manhattan from time to time
- Travel: 10%-15%
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. We are building a special company and value people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Lightspin is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Employment eligibility to work with Lightspin in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.