We are Loop
We redefine what an earplug should sound, look and feel like. Whether it’s hearing protection or comfort for your ears, Loop enables you to live life at your volume. Our founders Maarten and Dimitri started Loop back with a big idea. And a chronic ringing in their ears. Since then, we’ve helped more than 1,000,000 customers around the world to find quiet, enjoy great experiences and keep unwanted noises at bay. Our team has grown to nearing 100+ staff and counting, with our Headquarters is based in Antwerp, with many employees dotted across Europe and the world.
Not to brag about it, but we've recently been named the fastest-growing technology company in Belgium (according to Deloitte - October 2022 awards), and The New York Times named us ‘best earplugs for concerts and thousands of noise-sensitive customers call us ‘a life changer’. Pretty cool, right?
About the role:
We want to become the leader in enhanced hearing. Which means: a ton of disruptive new products, maybe even services. The ideas are there. The ambitions are too. What’s not there is the in-house knowledge of acoustics.
At this point, that’s done by an outside party. We’d like to change that. Take matters into our own hands and speed things up. By hiring an Acoustic Engineer. The official title. What we’ll call you? Our sound wizard.
In other words: the product development teams can count on you, as the acoustics connoisseur for every new innovative product we want to develop. If there’s audio involved, you’re plugged in. You match the theory with reality, run simulations and acoustic testing, define the sound architecture of our audio concepts, and advise on the acoustic side of our prototypes. And you won’t have it any other way.
You’re obsessed with acoustics, sound, and audio. Your hands-on mentality only adds it. Critical listening and sound tuning products? You’ve done it before. You have the know-how, the experience, and the communicative skills to get your vision, ideas, and feedback across. Your work doesn’t end when a product is ready to launch though. Our teams will rely on you for consumer testing and marketing communication too. If there’s an acoustic side to it, they’ll come and find you.
Speaking of teams. If you need a second opinion, a sparring partner, or a pep talk, just reach out to Tom, he’s our Senior System Engineer and the person you report to as well. He runs the advanced engineering team you’re a part of. In short? You’ll develop the hearables of tomorrow. Together with a group of talented product developers and a diverse bunch of engineers. For a company that wants to shape the future of hearables. Your inner entrepreneur is in for a treat, that’s for sure. That’s just one part of it though. The other? R&D.
The headliner of our R&D
Two words. Acoustic. Lab. It’s the heart of our business. It’s your go-to place for setting up experiments or prove your ideas. By scouting the industry for interesting new technologies, looking into different acoustic filters and finetuning the testing systems. If you have an
experimental side – and we really hope you have one – here’s where you can tap into it big time. We’re all about failing fast and cheap but winning big here, so you’ll fit right in.
Only three of them? Yes. Nice surprise, isn’t it? They’re not up for discussion though. Must-have material.
- You know how to get your ideas across. You’re fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- You’re pretty awesome in general. A sense of humor? Even better.
- You’re in our Antwerp office on a regular basis, but otherwise you’re free to work wherever. Why? You need to work with a lot of other people on very specific projects. And that’s just easier in person.
Why join us?
- We’re Belgium’s fastest-growing technology company (according to Deloitte - awarded October 2022), and we want you to grow and improve alongside us.
- Our culture? We’re all about enabling growth by giving our team full autonomy to manage their own projects, be a thought leader, and truly make an impact on the company.
- We take care of our people. So, we pay them what they’re worth. Expect a competitive pay in the top 20% of the market rate for your level of experience and potential.
- Also: Senegal. The location of our last team building… just saying. Previous years spent in Iceland & Malta.
- Flexibility: For us, hybrid and flexible working is all about trust. And we trust you to get on with your job, so there’ll be no micromanaging or peeking over your shoulder from us.
- Benefits: Our benefits are all aimed towards looking after your health, and enabling you to live life to the fullest. So everything from health insurance and pension savings to lunch vouchers, cruising credits and the latest tools is covered.
Come as you are, our equal opportunities employer statement
Loop is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees.
Live life at your volume. 🎶 We'll take care of your ears.