We are Loop
We redefine what an earplug should sound, look and feel like. Whether it’s hearing protection or comfort for your ears, Loop enables you to live life at your volume. Our founders Maarten and Dimitri started Loop back with a big idea. And a chronic ringing in their ears. Since then, we’ve helped more than 1,000,000 customers around the world to find quiet, enjoy great experiences and keep unwanted noises at bay. Our team has grown to nearing 100+ staff and counting, with our Headquarters is based in Antwerp, with many employees dotted across Europe and the world.
Not to brag about it, but we've recently been named the fastest-growing technology company in Belgium (according to Deloitte - October 2022 awards), and The New York Times named us ‘best earplugs for concerts and thousands of noise-sensitive customers call us ‘a life changer’. Pretty cool, right?
About the role:
Earplugs are challenging products as hearing is different for everyone. The study of psychoacoustics explains how this differs from person to person and how even day to day hearing can be different for 1 individual. Next to that each individual ear differs more than even a fingerprint. Knowing that, how do you make universal ear plugs, that help as much people as possible? Well, there we have user centric designers. They understand the user needs and help the team to make the right decisions during the product development process.
Our customer base is spread all over the world, so a flexible way of working will be necessary. The user centric designer knows how to adapt in every situation. Here is where they throw empathy, curiosity and the 5 why’s principle in the game.
What you’ll do:
- Advise and guide the engineering team in the right design choices by thorough product use-ability research;
- Participate in the creation of successful products by identifying the correct user requirements and translating them into product features for optimal acceptance;
- Bring your users’ interview experience, and principles to the table to gather qualitative insights and translate them in an understandable way;
- Come up with creative ideas and techniques to gather insights of the target market in our industry;
- Conduct your research, thanks to which we can launch products that are desirable, comfortable and get the best customer ratings;
What do you bring to the table:
- +3 years experience in user-centric design within the consumer goods industry or working on a tangible product.
- +3 years experience of user research (interviews, observations, surveys, data analysis, presenting insights, …).
- +2 years experience of working with engineering team.
- Master’s degree in Product Development / Industrial Design / Usability Engineering or similar.
- Basic knowledge with CAD software (CREO, Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot)
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in Human Factor Engineering in the medical industry is a plus
- Clear communication of ideas in a visual manner (drawing, graphs, simulations, ...)
You can work at least one day in the Antwerp office, the rest of the week the location choice is yours
Why join us?
- We’re Belgium’s fastest-growing technology company (according to Deloitte - awarded October 2022), and we want you to grow and improve alongside us.
- Our culture? We’re all about enabling growth by giving our team full autonomy to manage their own projects, be a thought leader, and truly make an impact on the company.
- We take care of our people. So, we pay them what they’re worth. Expect a competitive pay in the top 20% of the market rate for your level of experience and potential.
- Also: Senegal. The location of our last team building… just saying. Previous years spent in Iceland & Malta.
- Flexibility: For us, hybrid and flexible working is all about trust. And we trust you to get on with your job, so there’ll be no micromanaging or peeking over your shoulder from us.
- Benefits: Our benefits are all aimed towards looking after your health, and enabling you to live life to the fullest. So everything from health insurance and pension savings to lunch vouchers, cruising credits and the latest tools is covered.
Come as you are, our equal opportunities employer statement
Loop is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees.
Live life at your volume. 🎶 We'll take care of your ears.