Please scroll down to the bottom of the job description to apply
Who We Are
Loveday & Co. offers over 100 years of combined experience in elderly care, healthcare and hospitality. Loveday is recognised as the premier provider of luxury care services in London.
We are passionately devoted to enhancing the lives of our members and their families. We blend our expertise in providing tailored, compassionate care, with world-class hospitality, to create an unrivalled culture of uncompromising excellence in everything we do. Based on the success of our award winning first home in Chelsea Loveday, we are expanding across London with both additional properties and innovative new services for seniors.
- Optimise member’s independence and dignity.
- Identify factors which have a positive and negative effect on the health and wellbeing of members. Promote health and wellbeing and prevent adverse effects on the same.
- Monitor members whilst carrying out provision of care.
- Identify trends and report any changes in the members’ health and wellbeing
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist members with their personal care, including but not limited to; toileting, bathing, dressing and undressing and general grooming.
- Ensure care activities are carried out in accordance with the member’s care plan.
- Assist members with restricted mobility to move to dining areas at mealtimes and other communal areas for social activities and stimulation and to the privacy of their bedrooms at their request.
- Attending to members identified with greater mobility needs to assist the movement around the home and for engagement in mealtimes and social activity.
- Attending to members with restricted mobility and continence control who require turning and repositioning at specific intervals and specific toileting regimes.
- Support kitchen staff to serve meals and beverages to members within the home giving consideration to nutritional needs. Ensuring the provision of relevant and applicable mealtime support to members.
- Ensure bedroom areas are kept tidy, pleasant and comfortable by making beds, regularly changing bed linen and emptying commodes.
- Undertake regular cleaning of equipment involved in personal care of members, including commodes and wheelchairs.
- Ensure that appropriate infection control measures are observed and adhered to at all times and the correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Ensure the dignity of members at all times and that they are not exposed during delivery of personal care.
- Ensure that care practices cause no damage to walls, paintwork, furniture or equipment. ▪
- Answer members’ emergency bells, assess the situation, deal with the member seeking help or summon the Senior Carer.
- Prepare members for bed, start raising members in the morning as directed.
- In the time available between attending to members, undertake domestic duties as directed.
- To communicate with internal and external agencies, staff, members and their families, management and peers in a manner appropriate to your position at all times.
- Act courteously toward members and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each member.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and acting all reasonable work instructions promptly and promoting good anti-discriminatory practice.
- To contribute and participate in staff meetings and staff training.
- Act on all reasonable work instructions promptly
Renumeration, Perks and Benefits
The successful candidate will be paid the London Living Wage and will enjoy perks and benefits such as:
- Paid Breaks
- Staff Meals
- Perkbox Membership
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Program
- Christmas Bonus
- Comprehensive Training and Development
- Scope for progression and promotion within the company as we grow from one Care Home to the development and subsequent opening of four new homes in London.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Loveday & Co is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.