Please scroll down to the bottom of the job description to apply
Who we are
Loveday are ground-breaking leaders in care and luxury hospitality, with proven success since 2016. We are opening three stunning, brand new homes in the heart of London and looking for exceptional people, with a passion for care, to join us.
We are passionately devoted to enhancing the lives of our members and their families. We blend our expertise in providing tailored, compassionate care, with world-class hospitality, to create an unrivalled culture of uncompromising excellence in everything we do. Based on the success of our award winning first home in Chelsea Loveday, we are expanding across London with both additional properties and innovative new services for seniors.
What Loveday offers:
- Paid breaks
- London Living Wage accredited
- Refer a friend cash bonus - £500
- Annual cash bonus - £500
- Accredited training
- Sponsored apprenticeships
- Medical cash plan which includes free eye tests & contribution to glasses
- High staff ratios for team support
- Beautiful surroundings and delicious communal meals with Members
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Activities Co-ordinator to join one of Loveday's care homes. The role will lead and encourage Members to join in meaningful activities whilst maintaining their independence, choice and dignity, to enable them to lead as full and active life as possible.
- Organise and plan all activities within the home
- To lead and encourage Members to join in meaningful activities whilst maintaining their independence, choice and dignity, to enable them to lead as full and active life as possible.
- To create a stimulating and varied programme of leisure activities and social events, inside and outside of the home, for residents to enjoy.
- To work with each new Member to understand their likes and dislikes, abilities
- and needs to put together an individual social care plan and to evaluate regularly.
- To engage the local community into the daily lives of residents by initiating contact with local community groups enabling residents to partake and continue with hobbies and interests as desired.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To consult with each Member and their families and friends where required in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes and dislikes, abilities and personal preferences.
- To ensure the lifestyle care plan for each Member is in place within 2 weeks from the date of admission and it is kept up to date and regularly reviewed.
- To liaise and consult with staff and relatives regarding the care of Members and particular activities that may be beneficial, enjoyable and stimulating.
- To produce a monthly, weekly and daily programme of wonderful activities and social events and ensure it is advertised within the home and communicated to all Members.
- To liaise with relatives and staff regarding special individual requirements such as birthdays and anniversaries, cultural and religious festivals and celebrations, and to be aware of the religious calendar that may affect activity pursuits, relevant to the ethnic mix of Members.
- To familiarise and connect with all key community groups and businesses whose particular expertise would make an invaluable contribution to the care home.
- To regularly assess the effectiveness of the social events and activities programme.
- To work as an active team member with your colleagues within the home to ensure
- the highest standards of care are achieved.
- To undertake any reasonable request which facilitates the resident’s right to choice, dignity and respect.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- The post-holder will maintain their personal responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Regulations, and compliance with the company Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working practices and the recommended storage of equipment, including but not exclusive to:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, Electricity at Work, Lift & Lifting Equipment, Manual/Object Protective Equipment, Legionella/Water Treatment, Waste Management, Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations.
- Appraise and assess measures used to prevent infection control hazards, taking into account the individual nursing, social, physical and psychological needs of the member.
- Follow and report all concerns and incidents in line with the company incident reporting and whistleblowing procedure, including safeguarding adults’ procedures.
What to expect at Loveday
We understand how important our people are in making our Member’s lives as fulfilling as possible. We believe in going ‘Above & Beyond’ everyday not just for our Members but our people as well. You can expect support from your colleagues and tailored training to help you achieve your career goals. Our high staff ratios mean you have the time and support to deliver great care to our Members. In hospitality we deliver service akin to a private members club, and pride ourselves on the quality of our food and dining experiences, offering regular and family friendly hours.
Loveday is recognised as the premier provider of luxury care services in London. We are passionately devoted to enhancing the lives of our Members and their families. We blend our expertise in providing tailored, compassionate care, with world-class hospitality, to create an unrivalled culture of uncompromising excellence in everything we do. Based on the success of our award winning first home in Chelsea Loveday, we are expanding across London with both additional properties and new services for seniors, such as Home Care.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Loveday & Co is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.