Please scroll down to the bottom of the job description to apply
Who We Are
Loveday & Co. offers over 100 years of combined experience in elderly care, healthcare and hospitality. Loveday is recognised as the premier provider of luxury care services in London.
We are passionately devoted to enhancing the lives of our members and their families. We blend our expertise in providing tailored, compassionate care, with world-class hospitality, to create an unrivalled culture of uncompromising excellence in everything we do. Based on the success of our award winning first home in Chelsea Loveday, we are expanding across London with both additional properties and innovative new services for seniors.
As an RGN, you will ensure the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care and effective supervision of Staff Members. You will also take responsibilities for Loveday members’ care.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that all staff members contribute, to the best of their ability, to the efficient running of the home and the creation of an atmosphere conductive to the best interests of our members. Duties may include acting up for the Head of Wellness.
- Reporting any ill health of the members and make requests for GP/Professional visits where necessary.
- Ensuring that Member’s care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with members, relatives and other healthcare professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines and company policy.
- Assessing social and health care needs of new members and maintaining on-going assessment and review of all other members.
- Maintaining accurate records and ensuring that each member within the home has an individualised care plan. Members care plans to be reviewed on a monthly basis, or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NMC guidelines & company policy.
- Ensuring a clear and concise Handover Report is given to all relevant team members at the end of each shift.
- Administrating prescribed medicines and maintaining the appropriate records in accordance with the company’s procedure and NMC guidelines.
- Establishing and maintaining good communication with members, and relatives.
- Supervising and mentoring new staff members in all aspects of their work in the home and giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintaining and improving professional knowledge and competence. Keeping professionally updated in all area of clinical expertise.
- Attending mandatory training days/courses on or off site, as and when required.
- Reporting any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a member, colleague, self or another.
- Understanding and ensuring the implementation of the home’s health and safety, infection control and hygiene policies, and emergency and fire procedures.
- Promoting safe working practice within the home.
- Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home’s safeguarding adult’s policy, taking steps to protect members from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the home management of any concerns.
- Adhering to all new and changes in local and central government initiatives as and when they are implemented.
- Adhering to all appropriate NMC guidelines/regulations.
- Ensuring that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notifying the head of wellness, or the general manager, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensuring the security of the home is maintained at all times.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carrying out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
Remuneration, Perks and Benefits
The successful candidate will be paid the London Living Wage and will enjoy perks and benefits such as:
- Paid Breaks
- Staff Meals
- Perkbox Membership
- Bluelight Card Membership
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Program
- Christmas Bonus
- Comprehensive Training and Development
- Scope for progression and promotion within the company as we grow from one Care Home to the development and subsequent opening of four new homes in London.