magicplan is one of the leading global construction and floor plan apps, with over 500,000 downloads per month and a 4.8 rating in the App Store. More than 50 international employees work in offices in Munich, Berlin, Nantes, Montréal, and Portland. Our goal is to disrupt the processes and product chains around construction, restoration, real estate, and property management worldwide.
With our floor plan creation app, we have developed a unique world understanding. The combination of Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence enables on-site data acquisition, categorization, and processing for both B2B and B2C customers. The possibilities of AR and AI are endless - and we’re already harnessing their technological power today.
About the role
Are you passionate about programming and are looking for a new challenge to further your skills and career in a great working environment? Then this is the position for you!
As part of our continued global success, we are looking for a Full-Stack Web developer to join our magicplan Cloud team in our Munich office.
Our tech stack is quite big and diverse - we have a cross-platform C++ core (rending, algorithmics, AI, etc.), Objective-C and Swift for our iOS app, Java and Kotlin for our Android app, Python and Unity for our research team and PHP/MySQL/DynamoDB/Vue.JS for our web platforms. There is a lot to learn from your team members and you'll have the opportunity to look at a big and dynamic code base with interesting technology all over.
In this role you're going to be working in the magicplan Cloud team. Here's the Cloud Tech Stack:
- Framework: CakePHP 4.2 (we aim to stay very current here)
- Database: MySQL 8, partly Amazon DynamoDB
- Frontend: Vue.JS for reactivity, VanillaJS for small stuff. Vite as a fast and efficient packaging tool. tailwindCSS and SASS.
- Hosting: AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, Load Balancers, EFS, S3, WAF, CloudFront)
- Git: GitHub & GitHub Actions
- CI: PHPUnit, phpstan, phpci
- Quite unique: we have our own PHP extension that exposes the functionality of the magicplan (C++) Core transparently to our web platforms, including rendering. We currently use SWIG to expose interfaces and bindings to it and have a composer package wrapping it in a clear, well-tested API.
- For our 3D rendering, which is also the responsibility of our cloud team, we use Three.JS
- API Development, Validation and Documentation: OpenAPI / Swagger
From a process perspective, we use Code Reviews extensively as a quality and learning tool.
Perspectively (but optionally) there is room to grow to a leadership position.
What you'll do
As a Full-Stack Web Developer you will play a key role in the development of our web platforms, which consist of a comprehensive API layer for our mobile apps, a public API layer for integrations with our clients, and last but not least - the magicplan Cloud as a product for our users.
We aim to bring more functionality of our mobile apps to the web and build it out to a project-management focused tool built around our core technology. You will also be working on our 2022 roadmap, which includes comprehensive communication functionality (comments and such), and challenging initiatives to edit floor plans on the web using our PHP extension.
- You work closely with our Product team and designers in the technical design of new features.
- You work closely with our Head of Engineering and CTO in order to make good, scalable and maintainable technical decisions.
- You will implement both the backend and frontend parts of features.
- You work closely with the other platform teams.
- You are first of all really passionate about web applications.
- You have significant experience (5+ years) in web development in the PHP world, and on how great browser frontends work and are built.
- You love to design APIs that you would want to use yourself.
- You are up to date on technological developments in your area of expertise.
- You are a great communicator and a team player.
- You have empathy and are able to teach and communicate ideas and concepts to your team members.
We at magicplan believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, simple solutions and last but most importantly our people!
Here you have the opportunity to accelerate your career and create a true impact within your field. Work how you work best and never stop learning!
We invest in your future. We encourage all employees to participate in further education. Therefore we offer every employee an annual development budget as well as two Development Days (which you can take off for your development).
We care about you. We value a healthy work life balance and will offer you flexible working hours including home office, a permanent working contract, great company events, free beverages and fresh fruit in the office.
We have an amazing, highly diverse team with colleagues from more than 18 different nationalities. And to make sure that we never stop communicating, we offer you free language courses.
We care about expertise and impact, not hierarchy. In our organization, the best argument wins and we take great care to listen to our people contributing.
We believe in questioning the status quo in the building industry to provide contractors with a better way to get work done while on the go.
- Over 20 million users and major corporations use magicplan and have created the largest floor plan database in the world.
- Over 79,000 projects were managed using magicplan per week.
- We’re proud to be trusted by 5000+ businesses.
Start with magicplan on our journey to change the work of millions of building and renovation experts worldwide!
So, if you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and have a passion for delivering cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you! Come and apply!
magicplan is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and fair working practices.