magicplan is one of the leading global construction and floor plan apps, with over 500,000 downloads per month and a 4.8 rating in the App Store. More than 50 international employees work in offices in Munich, Berlin, Nantes, Montréal, and Portland. Our goal is to disrupt the processes and product chains around construction, restoration, real estate, and property management worldwide.
With our floor plan creation app, we have developed a unique world understanding. The combination of Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence enables on-site data acquisition, categorization, and processing for both B2B and B2C customers. The possibilities of AR and AI are endless - and we’re already harnessing their technological power today.
About the Role
Are you an experienced Product Owner with a background in Technical Drafting or Design and looking for a new challenge to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment? Well, then you should continue reading this job ad!
As part of our continued global success, we're looking for a Product Owner to join our amazing team based in our Munich office.
What you'll do
As a Product Owner at magicplan, you will play a key role in the evolution of a highly successful mobile application. You show commitment by doing whatever is necessary to build the best product possible – and that means being actively engaged with the team. You are business savvy as you play an active role in new feature development, as you understand the market, the customer, and the business to make sound decisions.
- Design and conception of technical drawings
- Creation of 2D as well as 3D models
- Develop a deep understanding of the target market and customer base for editorial management of the magicplan object library.
- Editorial management of the magicplan object library.
- Use various computer applications to produce drawings of objects that can be used in the magicplan app to produce building and construction layouts.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to prioritize the product backlog.
- Communicate project status and risks to key stakeholders.
- Track and report feature performance to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Ensure timely completion of deliverables that are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint.
- Identify areas of opportunity and weakness in both product and process. Articulate and implement iterative solutions based on data-driven decision-making.
- You have completed vocational training as a Technical drafter/technical product designer (m/f/d), technician (m/f/d), or a comparable occupational profile
- Experience utilizing computer-aided drafting software.
- Experience working on residential construction/remodeling projects.
- Bachelor of the Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree preferred– preferably related to engineering, architecture, business, or associated college degree completed through a technical school program.
- You are motivated by getting things across the finish line and have a solid track record of managing projects and multiple priorities at any given time.
- You are naturally curious about technology and tend to be an early adopter of most things. You appreciate how technology can solve many business problems and drive you to make a lasting impact on our customers.
- You thrive in ambiguity and approach problem solving, teamwork, and innovation with a positive attitude.
We at magicplan believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, simple solutions, and last but most importantly, our people!
Here you have the opportunity to accelerate your career and create a true impact within your field. Work how you work best, and never stop learning!
Consistent pay with Bonus Opportunities: We offer you a competitive base salary plus commission and bonus opportunities.
Great Work-Life Balance: Juggling career, family, and social life can be challenging! We have flexible work hours.
Holidays / PTO: 29 vacation days on top of federal holidays!
Flat hierarchies: Short decision-making paths and direct cooperation with leadership. No micro-management, clear and transparent
Support in your Development: Learning is a lifelong pursuit; we promise to treat it like one. We offer an environment for continued education and the opportunity to learn from each other.
Purpose and Responsibility: A job shouldn't just be a job! At magicplan, you have the opportunity to take on responsibility, work on exciting projects, and make an impact.
Job Stability: We offer permanent contracts and a safe work environment where you can focus on your professional and personal goals.
We believe in questioning the status quo in the building industry to provide contractors with a better way to get work done while on the go.
- Over 20 million users and major corporations use magicplan and have created the largest floor plan database in the world.
- Over 79,000 projects were managed using magicplan per week.
- We’re proud to be trusted by 5000+ businesses.
Start with magicplan on our journey to change the work of millions of building and renovation experts worldwide!
So, if you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and have a passion for delivering cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you! Come and apply!
magicplan is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and fair working practices.