magicplan is one of the leading global construction and floor plan apps, with over 500,000 downloads per month and a 4.8 rating in the App Store. More than 50 international employees work in offices in Munich, Berlin, Nantes, Montréal, and Portland. Our goal is to disrupt the processes and product chains around construction, restoration, real estate, and property management worldwide.
With our floor plan creation app, we have developed a unique world understanding. The combination of Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence enables on-site data acquisition, categorization, and processing for both B2B and B2C customers. The possibilities of AR and AI are endless - and we’re already harnessing their technological power today.
About the Role
Does driving growth for one of the most innovative brands in construction tech excite you? We are looking for a Senior Finance & Accounting Manager to build a Finance team across our four entities in Germany, France, Canada, and the United States.
What you'll do
- Manage operational processes, including accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, as well as forecasts, department budgets and internal controlling
- Manage daily bookkeeping and finance admin tasks, incl. management of accounts payables
- Reconcile bank statements and prepare the monthly and annual financial statements as well as all tax-relevant reports with our tax advisors
- Be the main point of contact for queries from tax advisors for our four entities in Germany, Canada, France, and the United States
- Prepare financial reports, income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports for Government regulatory agencies and ensure compliance with financial, tax and legal requirements, responsibilities and obligations
- Fluent in German and English. Knowledge of French is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable education in Accounting or Finance. All relevant accounting certificates are a plus
- Experience with bookkeeping for an internationally operating business
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of DATEV and QuickBooks Online
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
We at magicplan believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, simple solutions, and last but most importantly, our people!
Here you have the opportunity to accelerate your career and create a true impact within your field. Work how you work best, and never stop learning!
Consistent pay with Bonus Opportunities: We offer you a competitive base salary plus commission and bonus opportunities.
Great Work-Life Balance: Juggling career, family, and social life can be challenging! We have flexible work hours.
Holidays / PTO: 29 vacation days on top of federal holidays!
Flat hierarchies: Short decision-making paths and direct cooperation with leadership. No micro-management, clear and transparent
Support in your Development: Learning is a lifelong pursuit; we promise to treat it like one. We offer an environment for continued education and the opportunity to learn from each other.
Purpose and Responsibility: A job shouldn't just be a job! At magicplan, you have the opportunity to take on responsibility, work on exciting projects, and make an impact.
Job Stability: We offer permanent contracts and a safe work environment where you can focus on your professional and personal goals.
We believe in questioning the status quo in the building industry to provide contractors with a better way to get work done while on the go.
- Over 20 million users and major corporations use magicplan and have created the largest floor plan database in the world.
- Over 79,000 projects were managed using magicplan per week.
- We’re proud to be trusted by 5000+ businesses.
Start with magicplan on our journey to change the work of millions of building and renovation experts worldwide!
So, if you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and have a passion for delivering cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you! Come and apply!
magicplan is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and fair working practices.