magicplan is one of the leading global construction and floor plan apps, with over 500,000 downloads per month and a 4.8 rating in the App Store. More than 50 international employees work in offices in Munich, Nantes, Montréal, Portland, and Florida. Our goal is to disrupt the processes and product chains around construction, restoration, real estate, and property management worldwide.
With our floor plan creation app, we have developed a unique world understanding. The combination of Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence enables on-site data acquisition, categorization, and processing for both B2B and B2C customers. The possibilities of AR and AI are endless - and we’re already harnessing their technological power today.
About the role
"We are looking for a creative, passionate individual, experienced in leading design strategy and people. To lead and shape our global product and brand strategy, the "Head of Design" (m/w/d) will report to our "Head of Product and Marketing", and is someone who:
- Excels in operational discipline and strategic thinking
- Can promote actionable strategies, helping evolve the end-to-end customer experience
- Is a leader that inspires by articulating the vision clearly and succinctly
- Can collaborate across teams.
What you'll do
This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of defining the creative vision for magicplan. You will be:
- Nurturing and growing the existing, cross-functional design team
- Mentoring the design team to help navigate the challenges inherent to design strategies
- Managing and improving the design teams' production capabilities
- Taking a lead role in managing design projects
- Serving as a point of contact for stakeholders
- Building and maintaining a design system and brand book.
- You have 7+ years of experience designing products, applications, and design systems across the web and mobile platforms
- You have experience building and managing a healthy, productive design team at a product company
- You have experience managing design teams in a hybrid environment (some remote, some in the office)
- You have experience working cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, and design teams
- You have a hands-on attitude and are able to tackle multiple projects and see them through
- You can clearly articulate ideas to designers and internal/external stakeholders, using techniques like storyboarding to promote buy-in
- Bonus: Having experience owning and managing brand/marketing design is a plus.
We at magicplan believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, simple solutions, and, most importantly, our people!
Here you have the opportunity to accelerate your career and create a true impact within your field. Work how you work best, and never stop learning!
Consistent pay with Bonus Opportunities: We offer you a competitive base salary plus commission and bonus opportunities.
Great Work-Life Balance: Juggling career, family, and social life can be challenging! We have flexible work hours.
Holidays / PTO: 29 vacation days on top of federal holidays!
Flat hierarchies: Short decision-making paths and direct cooperation with leadership. No micro-management, clear and transparent
Support in your Development: Learning is a lifelong pursuit; we promise to treat it like one. We offer an environment for continued education and the opportunity to learn from each other.
Purpose and Responsibility: A job shouldn't just be a job! At magicplan, you have the opportunity to take on responsibility, work on exciting projects, and make an impact.
Job Stability: We offer permanent contracts and a safe work environment where you can focus on your professional and personal goals.
We believe in questioning the status quo in the building industry to provide contractors with a better way to get work done while on the go.
- Over 20 million users and major corporations use magicplan and have created the largest floor plan database in the world.
- Over 79,000 projects were managed using magicplan per week.
- We’re proud to be trusted by 5000+ businesses.
Start with magicplan on our journey to change the work of millions of building and renovation experts worldwide!
So, if you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and have a passion for delivering cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you! Come and apply!
magicplan is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and fair working practices.