At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Paris, Luxembourg and London. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We're looking for a talented, driven and hungry Java Backend Developer to join our growing team who can collaborate and help define the vision of the product and the company. You will be responsible for building APIs and microservices on our platform and report to an engineering manager.
- Assist in building and publishing APIs to support our platform and customers using GraphQL
- Assist in building microservices to support new features
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing clean, simple and reusable code)
- Solve problems and workflows
- Experience in backend development using Java for at least 3 years
- Experience in Spring and ideally Micronaut
- An understanding on microservices architecture and principles
- The ability to create unit tests and functional tests
- An understanding and building APIs
- Experience with JUnit 5, Docker, Design patterns
- Experience in AWS or other cloud environment
- The ability to work in an agile environment and adapt to change
- A learning and growth-focused mindset and a strong desire to share your skills and learn from those around you
- English - fluent
Nice to have
- An understanding of GraphQL
- Experience with Postman
- Experience in payments and Fintech
- Familiarity with the CI/CD concept
- HR call
- Case study at home
- Technical interview
- Interview with VP Engineering
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.