At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Paris, Luxembourg and London. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
To support the growth of our business and work on the exciting projects on our roadmap, Mangopay is looking for a Lead Incident & Problem Manager to strengthen the ITIL Management team.
Working within our Platform universe, under the supervision of the Lead Incident Manager, you will be working closely with the Support, Product, Development and Operational teams.
What will you be responsible for?
As Incident & Problem Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running and management of incidents and the follow up to a final resolution. Working closely with all the internal teams, your main responsibilities will be:
- Triaging alerts and alarms to assess the proper escalation path, invoking the proper path and monitor the incident to completion
- Managing the communication of incidents and their reporting to internal teams and our end customers
- Organizing, coordinating, and leading crisis meetings with the various teams and service providers to ensure that incidents and their impact are resolved
- Actively participating in the continuous improvement of incident management processes and their proactive detection
- Continuous improvement of monitoring alerts to ensure proactivity and maintain the quality of our services
- Ensuring that the level of performance obtained matches the level of performance defined in the internal SLOs and external SLAs
- Answering audit questions concerning scope incident management
- Organizing and leading the monthly incident management committee, the purpose of which is to share KPIs and the team's roadmap
- Helping to improve the ITSM tool
- Ongoing training of internal teams in ITIL processes
- SPOC of all our external suppliers
- Post-mortem supervisor and contributor
- Ensuring the continuous improvement of Problem management processes
- Regular backlog monitoring and review
- Organizing and leading the monthly Problem management committee, the purpose of which is to share KPIs and the team's roadmap.
Tech Stack you'll be working with (ideally you'll have worked with these):
- Monitoring - Currently Grafana, Kibana, Elastalert, Zabbix - Future plans for Datadog/Splunk, CloudWatch, etc.
- Basic knowledge on Payment flow
- Knowledge on AWS Infrastructure & Cloud services; how the console works and where to look for problems
- Applications run on .NET and Java
What do we expect from you?
- At least 5 years' experience as an Incident & Problem Manager in a production or DevOps environment
- Good analytical skills, synthesis and writing skills
- Good knowledge of collaborative working and/or project management tools (e.g. Notion, Confluence, Asana)
- Very good organization, rigor and autonomy
- Excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills, diplomacy and the ability to adapt to different people
- Some experience with Java or .NET development is a major plus
- Fluency in English
- ITIL certification is a plus (if you've got it, be sure to put it on your CV!)
- Responsiveness, very good stress management skills and ability to stand back
- Nice to have:
- With experience in banking and/or fintech and/or e-commerce
- Knowledge of banking regulations and standards (DSPx, PCI DSS, AM)
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.